• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Business must be slow for GSS

Yeah lots of thieves steel bronze plaques and vases from cemeteries due to rising metal prices. But this year has been our best ever businesswise despite a flat death rate because we've added more funeral homes to sell for us. I personally don't sell to many bronze memorials and vases because I see more value in granite due to acid rain tarnishing bronze and turning it blue/green over time..but some cemeteries are bronze memorial parks which require a bronze memorial so the customer has no choice. Most of the free veterans markers are also bronze but I often sell a granite base that we mount the bronze to. Crackheads are always going to steel whatever they can either a bronze vase from a cemetery or a copper raingutter from a house..what some of these cemeteries need is security to keep the thieves away.