• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can somone familiar with Bolton Valley answer a question for me?

podunk77

Is Vista Peak generally the only mountain open on non-holiday weekdays? I've only been to Bolton once, but I remember getting the impression that Wilderness and Timberline chairs probably only run on weekends or peak vacation weeks. TIA for any relevant info/experience.

kbroderick

Is Vista Peak generally the only mountain open on non-holiday weekdays? I've only been to Bolton once, but I remember getting the impression that Wilderness and Timberline chairs probably only run on weekends or peak vacation weeks. TIA for any relevant info/experience.

Vista is the everyday mountain. Over the past few years, the mountain has been working on figuring out the best recipe for Timberline and Wilderness—I think they're happy to run the lifts if they have the snow conditions and the traffic to justify it, but that's not always the case. Wilderness requires natural snow (there's no snowmaking on most of the Wilderness terrain) and Timberline does have a lower base elevation, which doesn't help in marginal weather. I know that they ran Timberline some weekdays last year, but I'm not sure what the plan is for the coming winter.

dlague

We have seen Wilderness and Timberline open during the week. But when we were there they had a good base! The last couple of years have been tough for them.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've only night skied there. That would suck if they didn't run Timberline and Wilderness for midweek skiing. That's a lot of terrain that would not be accessible.