• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 12/13

xwhaler

Date: 12/13...USMC toy donation $24.50
Conditions: PP, Wet Powder, Dry Powder, Machine Groomed

Little bit of everything at Cannon Saturday. Met up with Cannonball and his wife and quickly booted up in lodge. Run down Middle Cannon brought us to JDMRoma and Puckit. Lapped Zoomer for 2 hrs or so hitting everything there.
Interesting mix of soft pow and crusty wet snowmaking. Hard to get into a good rhythm but further skiers right you went the better u were...Banshee very nice. Puckit dropped into Whiskey Wine glade (i think?)
Echo Woods looked awesome but maybe not quite ready

Quick Zoomer bar re fuel followed by brief lunch. After lunch the 4 of us went exploring the extreme Tuckerbrook area for the secret Bobcat glade. While we didn't find the low angle untracked goodness we were after it was a nice diversion and made me realize the quality of the area. Noted and will be back with my son soon to teach him in a low stress environment.

Not to be denied we followed our fearless leader Puckit down Lower Hard for some awesome poached ungroomed. Couple water bars and rocks you had to watch for but pretty incredible for Mid December

Awesome day overall...always have a great day at Cannon with some great skiers/riders. If i didnt like exploring so much i would be a passholder up there

With snowmaking starting up top this week, next wknd should be nice

Last edited:

JDMRoma

Yes another Fun day at Cannon ! A lot of different terrain with various conditions.....all good ! Thought for sure we were going to poach the lift line at Tuckerbrook !! Sure that would have been a first ! The liftie's thought we were crazed but it was fun !

Upper mountain should be good next weekend for Puckits B Day !

Nice skiing with you again Chris and thanks again for the beer !

Puck it

This is all I have!

attachment.php

Attachments

• eg-1051-sized.jpg
    eg-1051-sized.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 180

Cannonball

Great day! Top may not be open yet but we got wall to wall of what was open...and then some!

I had planned on a TR last night. But I ended up going for a 2 hour hike with my dog that ended well past dark. Adding that to the fast laps at cannon knocked me out! (Not to mention several beers)

That wasn't whisky towne that Puckit hit, it was banshee lift line. But WT was being poached today and some of the other glades (echo) actually opened up.

You couldn't buy a foot of viz either day as you got higher up, so the summit might have been really rough anyway.

Fantastic conditions for mid Dec. Nice early Christmas present for everyone.

Puck it

Looked into Whiskey Towne with John but it looked like some snow snales were very shallow. I opted for the Banshee Liftline that time down like Alex said.

Lower Hard was nice but legs were shot. The last run was run down Zoomer and I emptied my tank in the top two thirds on the right side. Noice soft powder bumps that drained the life out the legs. Called it quits right on time.