• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon - 3/29

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Pretty good conditions at Cannon. Really foggy at the top in the morning, cleared after lunchtime. Afternoon was solid spring conditions with slush at the base.

Vista and especially Hardscrabble showed some dirt in the troughs, but were still a lot of fun. Run of the day was definitely Mushroom Glade.

Attachments

• 1364602869215.jpg
    1364602869215.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 1364602966877.jpg
    1364602966877.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 83

legalskier

You can see the cloud sitting on Cannon in this pic I took in Sugar Hill as I left last night- the mountain seems to have its own mico-climate.

Cannon in distance.jpg

While it was snowing on the mountain we could look down on 93 and see it raining on the 18 wheelers.

Cannonball

You can see the cloud sitting on Cannon in this pic I took in Sugar Hill as I left last night- the mountain seems to have its own mico-climate.

For sure. "the notch effect", "the cannon cloud". Whatever you want to call it, it's definitely a factor. We usually leave Lincoln in the sun in the morning, spend the day socked in at cannon, then return to the sun in Lincoln in the afternoon. Can get a little depressing, but no complaints in terms of snowfall.

Great pic BTW. That's one of the best perspectives of the mtn.

skifree

For some weird reason I like dirt /rocks and sticks on trails . Just seems fun

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
For some weird reason I like dirt /rocks and sticks on trails . Just seems fun

I don't think its weird, but Puck It's point earlier this week was, would occasional grooming extend the life of the trail? Because if Cannon doesn't get another decent storm, I'm not sure Hardscrabble is making it to 4/14.