• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

wtcobb

Sunday special was Mac & cheese with hot dog chunks and jalapeno. The call was heard. :razz:

As for the skiing, trees still good on 4/9. Everything up top skied great - slush fest put the breaks on quickly on Gremlin for the last run down. Had to skate some slop to make it to the deck.

SIKSKIER

He drove by in the truck on the way to the park building at base of Zoomer. Stared at us driving by and when he got out started yelling at us that "Those better not be beer cans" and went on to say that it's illegal to drink alcohol on SP property and also is against their liquor license. Apparently this was the only time there has ever been an issue.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

This has been the "talk" for many years.The girl that used to run the concessions had that message spread around to help her sales apparently.You certainly cant bring anything on their "licensed" premises but that does not include the rest off the state park property.The chief was very clear to us that its not illeagal to drink in the state park so dont hide them from him.And we didn't and had more than a few while talking with him.He even had cheeseburger and thanked us before he left.Next time tell the guy to call the Franconia PD. Tell him Chief Monaghan siad it was fine.On another note,the chief is a very talented blogger.He has a great sense of humor and writes some cool storys on the FPD FB page.https://www.facebook.com/fpdnh/

Puck it

I got the low down today on the asswipe from someone that works for him. This guy stops and shoots the shit with us all the time and sees the beers and never said anything. He told him that he was giving shit to some old guys having a beer. I did not even have to mention it to him when I saw him today. He brought it up. It is the assistant GM George something douchebag.

We we have had the Franconia cops drive by and never say anything also.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
I got the low down today on the asswipe from someone that works for him. This guy stops and shoots the shit with us all the time and sees the beers and never said anything. He told him that he was giving shit to some old guys having a beer. I did not even have to mention it to him when I saw him today. He brought it up. It is the assistant GM George something douchebag.

We we have had the Franconia cops drive by and never say anything also.

Old guys having a beer huh...FCK that guy!

Los

I just took a look at the trail report for tomorrow. I immediately focused my attention on the closed trails and, upon seeing red "closed" notations after Cannonball and Lift Line, I assumed that Idiot's Delight was still open and was very surprised that it was. So then I scanned the rest of the Mittersill trails to find Idiot's Delight - but.... it's gone! Instead, there's a mysterious new "Dragon's Drop" trail! WTF?? Did they get a complaint mid-season about the trail name for Idiot's Delight and decide to change it immediately? Weird....

Bumpsis

I just looked at Cannon's trail report - disappointing, mostly due to all the hoopla about all that snow. Just about all of the trails on the upper mountain are closed. So much for my plans of being there on Friday. Bummer :(