• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Ski Day 1/10/14

medfordmike

I have a list of places I have not tried, want to get to, but never seem to make to each year despite logging about 20+ days a season. Cannon has been at the top of the list for a while. I always wait for the "perfect snow day" that never comes when I can take advantage of it. So today I decided to head up even though I knew conditions were not ideal.

It was about 9 degrees when I started and never got above the the mid teens when I left in the afternoon with a light snow falling the entire day. Granular conditions with ice patches that came through more prominently during the day. It was not terrible by any means and I really enjoyed the mountain a great deal. Not surprisingly none of the glades were open. No lift lines to speak of. Like a lot of places a good storm would really help.

While Cannon is not on my to do list anymore it has landed high on my return trip list.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 54

Rowsdower

OLRYCvR.jpg