• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cardigan! 5/13/07

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
Date(s) Hiked: 5/13/07

Trails(s) Hiked: West Ridge

Total Distance: 3MI RT

Difficulty: Easy

Conditions: Dry mostly, some mud here and there

Special Required Equipment: Just wear boots and You'll be fine!

Trip Report:

Time to check off another 3000 footer list peak :) Lovely views all around even it was evident that haze was truncating it a bit. Great views of the Whites, The Greens and Southern NH. Lots of people on the trails and the parking lots were packed. Bugs were almost nonexistent, probably due to the wind.

PIctures/TR here:
http://hoosactunnel.net/nonhoosac/NH/Cardigan070513/

P1010065_t.jpg

Triumph of the boulder climber!

Mike P.

Nice TR, someday I may get there, next week hope to get to either Carr or Crawford, both new peaks for me.

montvm

Hey guys

Nice TR, someday I may get there, next week hope to get to either Carr or Crawford, both new peaks for me.

Marc,

Next time you go back Ascend from the South Ridge trail instead. Its less croweded IMO a nicer trail.

Glad you final made it. Did you make it over to FireScrew?

Mike

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
That trail (if you are talking about the one I'm thinking of which approaches from the east) was what I would have taken if I didn't have company with me. The crowds wern't much an issue, in fact seeing the Japanese businessmen wearing loafers gave me a good story!

I didn't wander over to Firescrew, it was very windy up there and I was cold with the really light sleeveless wicking shirt! burrr!