• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cat skiing interest - east coast

eatskisleep

Trees are WAYYYY too dense in both those areas.

Definitely,

Northern Vermonth would be the spot to do it.

Actually if anyone has the October 2010 Power Magazine, take a look at page 46: The Cat's out of the Bag. Talks about some guy up near Jay with his own little BC area. Lodge Theory, 500 acres of private steeps, cliff bands, and just a handful of people to ski it.

Currently has tracks on an ATV to get friends up the mountain. Chairlift possible in the future, but no real plans as of yet.

http://www.lodgetheory.com/

Sounds cool... Work for Powder...

EPB

I have driven and skinned around that valley and there isn't any terrain that is that great. I'm not too sure where they got that 1,800 ft vert number, since most the mountains in that area are pretty small.
Very jealous that you've been up that way. The Chic Chocs don't seem to have big vertical though. What type of vert did you get to ski up there? How much would you say is above treeline?

Trees are WAYYYY too dense in both those areas.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Burnt Mountain expansion at Sugarloaf where thinning would be required. Wildcat's trees are still ridiculously tight though, good call.