• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catamount 3/8

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Time Skied: 8:30-3:15
Weather: am/pm 40s, half clouds half sun
Conditions: Soft...so so soft.

It's been a tough year for mogul enthusiasts. Too cold or too icy. Finally, a great mogul day! Glade and Off Stage have their signature moguls, as always. They're looking good with medium sized bumps on Glade, which transition to tight, small bumps on Off Stage. Catapult hasn't been groomed in a week (according to the snow report at least), but it's still flat. It was interesting in the morning. Looked soft from the lift, but very icy once you're on the trail. Coverage is thick everywhere. On Stage appears to have 5-8 feet in depth the whole way down. Not very busy for a warm Saturday. Parking lot was 3/4 full. Glade chair was ski-on. Could find a seat in the lodge at 11:45.

Alley Cat
Catamount 3 8 001.jpg

Lower Glade
Catamount 3 8 016.jpg

Upper Glade
Catamount 3 8 018.jpg

Off Stage
Catamount 3 8 028.jpg

Expressway (first time I've skied this, 3rd try on Catapult, too icy to be worth it, and bailed)
Catamount 3 8 030.jpg

Tin

Great to see Catamount love this season. Still have some amazing memories of Off Stage and Glade. My dad and I were there for a 30"+ storm years ago and there were 6-8' drifts along the edge of the bumps on Upper Glade.

sf77

Nice pictures! I would love to finally ski some soft moguls this season. All the moguls I've gone onto have been icy. Nice trip report, seems like you had a good day.

emmaurice2

Nice report. Expressway is often overlooked. While it's not that exciting it often has the best snow on the mountain. I can't wait to ski Catamount on a warm day...except when you have to get from the Mass side to NY side in the slush LOL