• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Celebrities and the products they sell

ccskier

Ok, I think I have seen it all. A lot of lady celebs have perfume companies, Martha slangs her goods through K-mart or something. Tonight I saw LL Cool J now has a clothing line at sears. WTF, I think Momma knocked out his street credit w/ this one.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
If this was the sixties, I wonder if you'd have people like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison doing the same?

If it was the seventies, would you have the Ramones, Clash, Sex Pistols doing the same.
Funny thing is, if they wouldn't, some of there music is being used in commercials.

ccskier

I think the thing is they will do anything for money nowadays. I think a lot of them are actually broke and will sell out to Sears for a few bucks.

Hawkshot99

I think the thing is they will do anything for money nowadays. I think a lot of them are actually broke and will sell out to Sears for a few bucks.

I dont see putting my name on a clothing line or something of that nature for money as a bad thing. I am not going to personally buy a clothing article because it has a famous person's name on it, or buy any other product because of a endorsement, but if others will more power to them.

Trust me, if I was famous enough for Walmart to want to make a clothing line after me i would be entirely for it.

Never understood that. Why the heck would I want to wear Tommy's jeans? Personally, I prefer my clothing to be completely void of all labels.

I went to a pretty ghetto high school..and all the cool kids were always wearing Nautica or Tommy Hilfiger or whatever else had a name on it. I like my polo shirts to be aligator free as well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think all these celebrities secretly have a Billy Mays fetish and want to be like him :lol:

BillyMays.jpg

Billy, I can hear ya buddy, stop yelling and no, I'm not buying any of your crap!!!

ctenidae

I went to a pretty ghetto high school..and all the cool kids were always wearing Nautica or Tommy Hilfiger or whatever else had a name on it. I like my polo shirts to be aligator free as well.

Interestingly, Baby Phat is owned by Baker Footwear, who also owns Guess, Jessica Simpson, Roca Wear, and Steve Madden.

Beetlenut

Funny thing is, if they wouldn't, some of there music is being used in commercials.

That's because that music is from the generation that now has the jobs and money to spend on that stuff! The Cadillac people are using Led Zed and the Who to push their stuff.

Beetlenut

I think all these celebrities secretly have a Billy Mays fetish and want to be like him :lol:

BillyMays.jpg

Billy, I can hear ya buddy, stop yelling and no, I'm not buying any of your crap!!!

He's YELLING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!! BUT WAIT,... THERE'S MORE!! I'LL SEND YOU TWO .....

ComeBackMudPuddles

A recent favorite of mine is Eva Longoria's ads for Magnum ice cream bars....Just seems like such a mismatch to me.

eva1_280_448662a.jpg

ComeBackMudPuddles

Another odd-couple one is the Simpsons pitching a new family van called the Kangoo from the French car company Renault....