• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

chair lift chit chat

powpig2002

single thing at abrahms yesterday. get partnered on chair with a woman. she mentions she got a late start skiing. 30. to which i replied "so you've been doing this for what? a year." i am one smoooth mother. next was some guy from mass. kept talking about about all the sick lines he found, shredding the knar' in the woods, major huckage off the cliff. every cliche imaginable. about half way up i wanted to STRANGLE him. if you're over 16 and not sponsored don't talk like that. you put the hole in masshole. and i was born and raised in saugus mass. i thank you for your time

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
Skiing with two teenage friends and a gentleman slides up into the 4th seat slot.
He makes note of the Camo Bad Lieutenant helmet the lad is wearing and asks him if he is going in the Army. I asked him if he was ex-Army. He replies he is Retired Navy, Submarine commander. I informed him I was a "Spook Rider" on Subs. The rest of the ride was name dropping and updating on skippers of boats I had been on. We are both members of USSVI.

WJenness

Skiing with two teenage friends and a gentleman slides up into the 4th seat slot.
He makes note of the Camo Bad Lieutenant helmet the lad is wearing and asks him if he is going in the Army. I asked him if he was ex-Army. He replies he is Retired Navy, Submarine commander. I informed him I was a "Spook Rider" on Subs. The rest of the ride was name dropping and updating on skippers of boats I had been on. We are both members of USSVI.

That's pretty awesome.

-w

Magog Fishy

Too funny. I was at Mt Abram (assume that is what you mean by Abrahms) yesterday, from Mass, skied the woods, posted a trip report, but your chairlift rider was definitely NOT me -- not sure if my trip report prompted you to post this, or if it is just a coincidence. I did ride up with an older guy with black sunglasses originally from MA, who was a bit shady although don't think he ever used shred or gnarly.

mlctvt

anyone who says "shredding the knar" and is over 16 years old should be shot on site.

Ok that's a little harsh, but you know what I mean.

legalskier

Skimaine

My 22 year daughter and I were riding the Timberline Chair at Sugarloaf on Thursday. We riding with a couple of ten year-olds. Based on their gear and outfits, it is pretty clear to me they are not little rippers in the weekend program who could kick my a$$ all over the mountain. They were the one or twice a year kids still skiing in wedge. I figure they are going to hit Timberline a couple of times. As we ride up, I point out Mountain Washington and Sunday River. One of them finally speaks up -- "You hit any double blacks today?" -- like it was the only thing that mattered. Little turds. Not to be one-upped by ten year-olds I reply "Yea, we have been hitting Gondi and Rip Saw". Now I am the turd - Rip Saw had been groomed the night before. :???:

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
anyone who says "shredding the knar" and is over 16 years old should be shot on site.

Ok that's a little harsh, but you know what I mean.

Which is worse?
Little kids talking smack way over their heads?
or
Old farts (like me) trying to talk like young kids?

I'm partially exempt, as a School Bus Driver & Ski Instructor I have to communicate with the kids.

Warp Daddy

Aw it goes with the territory -- i've ridden lifts with several "Legends in their Own Minds " . I just use my best Quebecois accent and say "Bonjour je suis JC Killy" :D:D. Half haven't a friggin clue what i mean and they LEAVE me alone :D:D

gmcunni

Which is worse?
Little kids talking smack way over their heads?
or
Old farts (like me) trying to talk like young kids?

I'm partially exempt, as a School Bus Driver & Ski Instructor I have to communicate with the kids.

my kids have told me on more than one occasion i sound like a fool when i try to talk cool, fo shizzel.

dmc

The keyboard player in my band(on HM Ski Patrol) was on a chair and a woman started talking about our band. And how she doesn't like bands with gimmicks. Apparently she didn't like that the keyboard player had his baseball hat on backwards the night before.. Flynn didn't say anything.. He just smiled..

powpig2002

Too funny. I was at Mt Abram (assume that is what you mean by Abrahms) yesterday, from Mass, skied the woods, posted a trip report, but your chairlift rider was definitely NOT me -- not sure if my trip report prompted you to post this, or if it is just a coincidence. I did ride up with an older guy with black sunglasses originally from MA, who was a bit shady although don't think he ever used shred or gnarly.
got a feeling that the shady older guy was me. love it. you can take the hood out of bo
ston, but you can't take boston out of the hood. you talked about the trees vs. stumps. hope you had a great day. next time you go gotta try a Grittys Abrams. pissah beer. shady, love it. have a good season.

emmaurice2

Guess I've been lucky. All of my chair lift chats have been very pleasant this year. One proved what a small world it is.
Other guy: Where are you from?
Me: CT
Other guy: Me, too. Whereabouts?
Me: Litchfield.
Other guy: No sh*#. I live on ______ Lane
Me (in shock): I live the next street over on _______ Lane.

Morwax

Wow

I get tired of listening to how intolerant some people are, Its only talk:confused:
"The heart of a fool is in his mouth but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart."
I say show me with your skis...