• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

chair lift chit chat

Magog Fishy

got a feeling that the shady older guy was me

Just busting your chops about the "shady", since you are after all busting mine. I can take the Mass/Boston comments -- even though I was born and raised in Vermont -- but man “shredding the knarl” and “huckage off the cliffs”. Please do strangle me if I ever say that. I will buy you a beer if I run into you again, that is if you don’t strangle me. Good day of skiing last Saturday. You got a good thread going. Have a good rest of the season.
:beer:

holmes

I point at the white wires leading up to my ear and shout "HUH?"

LOL!

When I ride the lift with someone I pull the earplug if any attempt at conversation is made, otherwise I rock on.

gmcunni

today - rode alone most chairs, place was empty today.

1 ride up with high school kid - 3 words spoken between the 2 of us. all quiet the whole way, as we approached the off ramp, i looked over at him before i raised the bar and say "you ready?" to which he replied "yeah".

other ride with different high school kid. he is single and in front me in line, i'm also single. nobody behind me at all. he turns and said "want to ride up?" so i did and he talked the whole way, which was fine with me.

Riverskier

other ride with different high school kid. he is single and in front me in line, i'm also single. nobody behind me at all. he turns and said "want to ride up?" so i did and he talked the whole way, which was fine with me.

At least he asked. I hate when there is no line at all and someone sweeps in and hops on the chair with me, and then proceeds to talk my ear off. If there is no line at all, I prefer to ride alone, and people shouldn't assume you want company and are interested in talking to them. If there is any line, I want to see full chairs going up, and have no problem if someone strikes up a conversation.