• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheap Lodging near Middlebury, VT

catsup948

Anyone know of a ski lodge, dorm, bunk bed hostel place to stay somewhere in between middlebury and the mad river valley? Im looking for cheap as possible. I don't know that area very well and Google was less then helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cornhead

The Golden Lion did give me a slight discount for mentioning I was an AZ member. Also, ask for a discount voucher to MRG if you can use it. They didn't offer it up, I had to ask, someone here had mentioned it, again it isn't much, but every little bit helps. If you're looking for the cheapest lodging, the hostel is probably the way to go.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

thetrailboss

Staff member
Golden Lion is good. Don't know much about the HT. There a few small B&B's in Rochester and Hancock. The closer you get to Middlebury the more expensive it will be.

skifree

if its mid-week a little friendly negotiating with the lodges/bb usually works. a couple drinks/food at the bar and a decent tip has got me cheap digs many times.