• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Choose your weapon

How do you deal with your driveway snow?

• I'll do it. My snowshovel has never let me down yet.

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • I'll do it with my snowblower. I can turn a 15 minute job into an hour anytime!

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Me and my truck. Sure, I kinda wreck the lawn, but my SO won't notice till spring!

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Work? You kidding me? I just drive over the stuff.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I plow with my checkbook. Maximum slope time.

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Snow? What snow? We don't get enough snow for grandma to use her broom!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
How do you deal with snow at your humble abode?
Do you handle it yourself, let someone else handle it, or ignore it?
shove.gif
blower.gif
truck%20plow.gif
tundra.gif

check.gif

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The landlord is supposed to take care of it. :D

But often, his handyman "forgets" to plow. So in that case, I drive over it or if it's bad enough, I'll shovel part.

dmc

I love my checkbook... My driveways too long for a blower...

catskills

I am homeless now and don't have to worry about such things. Last year when I did live in a nice warm home, I bought my wife a nice pink shovel for Christmas. I hear she has gotten pretty good at it.

Seriously I shovel with my check book for deep powder. Too much time wasted when their is deep powder to ski. For 2 inches of powder, I shovel it.

Terry

Got my trusty and rusty old plow truck. 77 Chevy with 326000 miles and she still gets the job done!

gorgonzola

i put truck but i put the plow on my lawn tractor - takes about an hour, 2 beers and a cigar

dmc

Got my trusty and rusty old plow truck. 77 Chevy with 326000 miles and she still gets the job done!

I actually need one of those... Plow during the winter - dump runs during the summer..

millerm277

If I'm going skiing that day: shovel from the front door to a small spot next to my car door, so I won't kill myself on ice when I get back, and hope someone else decides to take care of it. (Shared driveway that the neighbor is technically responsible for clearing according to their lease).

If I'm not going skiing: I don't really mind shoveling, I'll usually shovel most/all of it unless its too wet, in which case I'll just do what I need to shovel for my own purposes.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
This will be my 1st year with a snow blower. My neighbor sold me his before moving to LBI. Nice 4 stroke for $150.

bigbog

Enjoy using the snowblower....so easy to get rid of a deep overnight dump...especially if it's of the heavy kind, but also enjoy the big plastic push-scoop when there's ~6" or less = good exercise. Shovel-work is a given for certain areas.

dmc said:
... dump runs during the summer
Yep...
The truck-SUV(Xterra) does the house to Dept. of Public Works' backyard grass/leaf/brush piles run...from snowmelt to 1st snow.

Last edited:

Hawkshot99

Used to use the snowblower when I lived with my parents. Now I put the truck in 4WD, untill the land lord gets around to finally plowing a few days after the storm. I feel sorry for the people with small cars that struggle on the property.

Sky

Primarily...Snowblower. A nice Ariens. Egad that thing flings snow a mile.

But, the back deck reqires shovel love....twice. Once for the original snowfall, second after I rake the roof clean.

It's about 3hrs total on a good storm dump...start to finish.

That incldes the snowblower path to the woodpile, around the house, to the birdfeeder, the front walk etc.

drjeff

LOVE my Simplicity 824 snowblower! And I will totally admit to pretending many, many, many time that the plume of snow being launched out of the discharge chute is snow coming out of a snowgun! :)