• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Co - 1/12 - 1/14

Puck it

Skied Copper on 1/12.
Snow was good. Not great. No lines and rock star parking
copper2.jpg

copper81.jpg

copper61.jpg

copper71.jpg

Skied A-Basin on 1/13

2 - 4 inches of of fresh snow. Skied Montezuma bowl most of the day. Great area open bowls at top with decent length tree runs. Best snow was there. By far my favorite of the three areas skied. Definitely will go back.

montezuma51.jpg

montezuma41.jpg

Montezuma1.gif

montezuma31.jpg

Skied Loveland on 1/14

Decided on here based on locals and on the way back to Denver. It did not disappoint. About 4 inches of fresh with wind blowing deeper stuff. Stayed mostly on chair 8. Again no lines. Skied the open top and then ducked into trees for short runs. Dropped into Patrol Bowl for last run of the day.

Great three days with no lines any where. It was dead. Altitude did hit me this trip since we were over 13k consistently. Long hikes on ridges were a killer. We did not sleep well either at 9200 feet. Need more cardio work. I will upload pics when I figured how to do it from iPad

Last edited:

Puck it

Bump. Added pics. I could not add them throught the Ipad. I have not uploaded any from Loveland yet.

snoseek

Nice pics, looking forward to the LL pics. Going out in less than two weeks for ten days, maybe more if it continues to snow near the end. Crested Butte is looking good right now. They are having a good year it looks like, the base is stacking up nicely.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice. Loveland has wind issues. Sounds like it was not too bad for you. Did you grab a bumper sticker from Loveland? "I Ski [heart]Land!"

snoseek

The wind puts all that snow elsewhere. The trick is finding out where it is. A lot of spots are almost always super deep.

Edit-^^^^^^^it looks like you found some good stuff!

thetrailboss

Staff member
The wind puts all that snow elsewhere. The trick is finding out where it is. A lot of spots are almost always super deep.

Edit-^^^^^^^it looks like you found some good stuff!

+ 1. Very true. We found some nice stashes.

And fixed the video link.