• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day After Cures...

Black Phantom

Crack open a cold beer. Repeat.

girl-with-beer.jpg

ctenidae

Hair of the dog does seem to work wonders to clear the cobwebs. Not so good for a really bad hangover, though. I usually find a couple advil, 2 glasses of water, and 2 more hours of sleep do the trick.
Followed by a cold beer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bacon and eggs. Grease from bacon seems to help. Egg yolks contain cysteine, which apparently helps with the affects of hangovers

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I still haven't eaten today...the thought of food makes me feel like vomiting... :puke: Probably should try to get something down soon.

mondeo

Well, there's a pill for that now. No longer have to fall down a flight of stairs a month later.

Oh, wait, you said hangovers? Water, along with ibuprofen and Tums until it wears off. Food only makes it worse for me.

dmc

Well, there's a pill for that now. No longer have to fall down a flight of stairs a month later.

Oh, wait, you said hangovers? Water, along with ibuprofen and Tums until it wears off. Food only makes it worse for me.

DOH!!! :)

Too much water makes me barf.. Ibu's are good.. Bread is usually safe for me...

I had a BAD hangover - drank schnapps all night with an hours sleep on ski trip to Austria.. We got on a double decker bus for a couple hour drive to ski a glacier. I got stuck on the top in the back.. The exhaust fumes were killing me - and a woman had really smelly perfume on.. The bus swayed the whole way - but I kept it all down..
When we got to the ski area i had to take a windy gondola ride.. Again kept it down.. At the midstation - I bought a roll, some soda water and a candy bar... Sat down... Ate the bread and started feeling good! Took some soda... All's well..

I go outside in the sun.. And I felt good!! I figured I needed some of that candy bar for energy. I take a bite of the candy bar and it's loaded with schnapps. I barfed all over the glacier.. haha.. Lesson learned..:puke:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sleep would have been nice... who's taking the kids next time so I can? ;)

Jeff, that would have saved me some agony today, for sure.

I had to pick up a special order at the liquor store today and just the thought of going in there made me queasy. Usually (if I remember) I try to take 2 ibuprofen + a glass or two of water before bed because, like dmc, drinking a lot of water the next day makes me puke. Or at least feel worse.

In any case, went to the grocery store, picked up some stuff, and will try to rehydrate and keep down some food now. I really, really, really need to stop accepting free shots when they're given to me... :oops: