• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day of moguls at Holiday Valley- video

Bumpsis

Woohoo! Sweet!! Good memories for me. That run used to my mogul training run, although I never could (or did) get to such a level of mogul style or mastery. But I never stopped trying. Those runs (Chute, Headwall) were short but sweet with some of the best pitches to be found in all of Western New York.
Thanks for posting.

jimmywilson69

Nice video. I skied there Friday and Saturday unfortunately the snow wasn't that good due to the mixed event early last week. My first time there. My wife grew up skiing there so we decided to check it out. I'll definitely be back.

Lots of great tree skiing.

jrmagic

Woohoo! Sweet!! Good memories for me. That run used to my mogul training run, although I never could (or did) get to such a level of mogul style or mastery. But I never stopped trying. Those runs (Chute, Headwall) were short but sweet with some of the best pitches to be found in all of Western New York.
Thanks for posting.

Agreed. I spent a lot of days there while in college at UB and had an absolute blast there. Nice variety and good pitch for a 800ish foot hill. I haven't been there in almost 30 years but would go back in a heartbeat if I find myself in western NY

Bumpsis

Agreed. I spent a lot of days there while in college at UB and had an absolute blast there. Nice variety and good pitch for a 800ish foot hill. I haven't been there in almost 30 years but would go back in a heartbeat if I find myself in western NY

Ahh yes, Shussmeister was a great ski club :)

Savemeasammy

I rode the chair at Whaleback a few weekends ago with a kid who was competing in the USAA mogul event. I was surprised to hear him say that the finals would be at HV this past weekend. Which run do they compete on?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Blanton

I rode the chair at Whaleback a few weekends ago with a kid who was competing in the USAA mogul event. I was surprised to hear him say that the finals would be at HV this past weekend. Which run do they compete on?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Thanks everyone.

B Meets and B Finals are generally on Chute, this year however they are also doing Young Guns and the course will be on Yodeler.

EVL might look like an odd place on the map but there are two ski resorts with large freestyle teams.

If you haven't been it's one of skiing's best kept secrets... that's coming from someone that lived in Vermont and Colorado for a number of years each.

Savemeasammy

^ I am trying to brainwash my kids into being mogul skiers...! Maybe someday I could end up there watching a comp...?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thanks everyone.

B Meets and B Finals are generally on Chute, this year however they are also doing Young Guns and the course will be on Yodeler.

EVL might look like an odd place on the map but there are two ski resorts with large freestyle teams.

If you haven't been it's one of skiing's best kept secrets... that's coming from someone that lived in Vermont and Colorado for a number of years each.

Makes sense. When you don't have much vertical to work with, bumps and a decent park will keep a place entertaining.