• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Daylight Savings Is Coming

AMAC2233

I love this too, but the sucky part is dealing with it being darker in the morning for a while. For me, it's so much more difficult to get up when it's dark outside.

snoseek

I'm happy about the idea of mountain biking much more often during the week.

drjeff

yes this is the 3rd year for the early Spring forward..shortest weekend of the year:blink:

Fixed it for you GSS! Only reason I know that for sure, is the past 2 years I flew back from Utah after being there the 1st week of March and enjoyed what amounted to only a 1 hour time change on the way home :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What sucks is that I have an alarm clock that is supposed to adjust automatically for DST... except it was programmed for this before the change. So i have to over-ride it twice each time the time changes: first to change it, and then again to change it back when the clock decides it's time to change.

Jisch

Isn't anyone worried about the hour of extra sunlight melting more snow? Obviously designed by politicians and not skiers.

John
(Ha!)

gmcunni

i'm pretty sure Magic extends its hours when DST hits, anyone else know other mountains that do the same?

Greg

Staff member
I thought Hunter did that too, but I could be wrong.