• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

DEAD - Godzilla El Nino, Thank God

snoseek

Bring me lanina please!

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

snoseek

Didnt you cash in on the nino?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Good year for sure. 450+ here....they call it average and that sits fine by me.

The last truly big one was lanina. Colder storms.

Im making the assumption that a strong lanina will follow which is probably a bad idea.

Last edited:

HowieT2

yeah, dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! F Nino to hell

SkiFanE

Muerte! I was in Colombia a few weeks ago and El Nino's hit them hard with drought. Since I left I noticed it's been raining almost ever since. They must be relieved, but I'm glad it was nice while I was there.

mriceyman

Good year for sure. 450+ here....they call it average and that sits fine by me.

The last truly big one was lanina. Colder storms.

Im making the assumption that a strong lanina will follow which is probably a bad idea.

Lol cant hurt to dream i guess

skiberg

Don't get to excited. Historically, La Niña years can be very unpredictable as well. Granted I can't imagine a repeat of this year, but the history of La Niña years does not cause me to be optimistic about next year.

Jully

Don't get to excited. Historically, La Niña years can be very unpredictable as well. Granted I can't imagine a repeat of this year, but the history of La Niña years does not cause me to be optimistic about next year.

It should at least mean consistent cold, or longer periods of cold compared to this year.

gladerider

don't think we got a single decent storm in NVT this year. even in a la nina year we got some storms. that i can deal with.

catsup948

Historically we have done very well with strong la Ninas. 2010-11, 2007,08. It tends to be the weaker ones where we struggle to get snow.