• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dick's Picks 35 (Grateful Dead content)

ChileMass

Bob R said:
Off topic kind of, and may be worthy of a thread, but what was your favorite sticker?
Mine was always who are the Greatful Dead and why are they folloing me and another I saw I liked was Proceed with caution Dead Head at the wheel. These days no stickers on the auto. I do have a vanity plate, but I won't post it here.

I'm old school - my favorite Dead sticker was the ice cream cone kid or Skull 'n Roses. I also recall seeing very simple black and white silkscreen stickers of Garcia on some cars.....

dmc

Bob R said:
Off topic kind of, and may be worthy of a thread, but what was your favorite sticker?

Back in the day it was a "Doo Da Man" sticker and a few dancing bears on my cars... Think I had a "Lesh Filling" sticker too at one time..

Now it's a simple small SYF on the pod...

tjd

Unless you are downloading a lossless format, the compression in the MP3's takes away from the richness and depth of the music...I still prefer to get the CD and then rip my own copy from there.

I have DP 1-33...I guess I need to order 34 & 35! Wahoo!

dmc

tjd said:
Unless you are downloading a lossless format, the compression in the MP3's takes away from the richness and depth of the music...I still prefer to get the CD and then rip my own copy from there.

Only SHN or FLAC for me.. Wont waste my time on MP3..

99% of my collection is lossless.. Except for a few dittys that I really wanted and couldnt get in lossless - like an early SRV demo and stuff like that...

tjd

dmc said:
tjd said:

Only SHN or FLAC for me.. Wont waste my time on MP3..

99% of my collection is lossless.. Except for a few dittys that I really wanted and couldnt get in lossless - like an early SRV demo and stuff like that...

SRV....hmm...I have 10 DATS off the masters of SRV studio sessions....now where on earth did I put them. Some day i'll transfer my beta PCMs to my computer - but that would take months or years to complete....

jstarks188

so is this where all the dead heads have gone ?
apparently we are all hiking and sking
yehaa !
never thought i'd be asking this in this forum
what's the best software to use when burning the lastest GD D/L due on tuesday :p
for the first 2 i got the mp3 only cuz it's easiest to burn....i like the idea of lossless medium but need help burning it !
:beer: for all

deadheadskier

Staff member
jstarks188 said:
so is this where all the dead heads have gone ?
apparently we are all hiking and sking
yehaa !
never thought i'd be asking this in this forum
what's the best software to use when burning the lastest GD D/L due on tuesday :p
for the first 2 i got the mp3 only cuz it's easiest to burn....i like the idea of lossless medium but need help burning it !
:beer: for all

I'm assuming you download from archive.org?

If that's the case you'll need mkw compressor or flac frontend to convert the files, depending on how they're coded. Once converted I use NERO to burn my discs.

I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would buy a dicks picks CD anymore. www.archive.org has thousands of hours of shows available for free (endorsed by the band) and considering you can buy 50 blank discs for $10.....the choice seems obvious.

jstarks188

howdy ,
thanks for making me aware of archive.org
i've been using further.net for most of my D/L .... i just discovered bootcity.org got a pretty clean AUD of one of the recent cream gigs !
i must check out Nero....
thanks
jack

thebigo

What is it about the Grateful Dead? I was driving somewhere yesterday...hot and annoyed in my car. Flipping off other drivers. Irritated by life's many irritations. Then "Eyes of the World" came on the radio (not sure what concert it was from tho). By the time I got where I was going, I felt like a new woman. So relaxed and happy...joyful even.

Apologies for rehashing such an old thread but it was a long day at work. I came home to a 12 of guiness and started hunting around AZ. This thread surfaced. Towards the end of the day I put on black throated wind from london '72 and i coasted past the bullshit.