• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does it always piss hot rain right before or on Christmas in eastern ski country or does if just seem that way?

KustyTheKlown

ive seen enough i think. prob cancelling the bolton and magic reservations i had made. which is all well and good, it lets me go back weekend of 22 with a true quarantine + test

Smellytele

ive seen enough i think. prob cancelling the bolton and magic reservations i had made. which is all well and good, it lets me go back weekend of 22 with a true quarantine + test
I have a reservation for Bolton as I have to bring my son to Norwich U. May have to cancel as well. 🤬 but will wait until Wednesday or so to make my mind up.

NYDB

Looks like a possible base builder for So VT. rain to a couple of inches of slop that'll groom up OK and cover the rocks on the natural terrain after the refreeze.

drjeff

As of now, this certainly looks like it WON'T be a repeat of the X-Mas Eve/X-Mas day absolute Monsoon.

No where near as much moisture with this one atleast.

cdskier

There's a reason professional meteorologists don't change their actual forecasts based on 1 run of 1 model... :)

Also fascinating is that different sites interpret the data differently from each model. Here's an example of the 12Z GFS run for 120 hours...
1610405191479.png
1610405283821.png

Same model data...yet the outputs definitely have some subtle (albeit noticeable) differences.

kingslug

Then either you roll the dice and buy a ticket before they sell out..or you wait until it gets closer and maybe they sell out anyway.

machski

Yeah, this one is going to be a tough call, but eith way it looks weak. If it goes wrong for us, it shouldn't be damage producing other than just making everything even faster and firmer.

Slidebrook87

According to the weather app (never super trustworthy), both Sugarbush and Stratton are expected to get 3-5 inches of snow with a high of 35 degrees. Looks pretty good as of now and I just hope it stays that way.

Smellytele

According to the weather app (never super trustworthy), both Sugarbush and Stratton are expected to get 3-5 inches of snow with a high of 35 degrees. Looks pretty good as of now and I just hope it stays that way.
Yeah, this one is going to be a tough call, but eith way it looks weak. If it goes wrong for us, it shouldn't be damage producing other than just making everything even faster and firmer.
Not looking that weak now...

1610455748269.png