• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dow 8k

WJenness

I'm sure that 50 bucks will make a big difference lol..

In one pay period, no it won't... but over time, it will make a difference. I was balancing my 401k contributions vs my outstanding debt (Car loan & student loans mainly)... after thinking about it for a while today, I think I can get more return by putting that money into my 401k for the next 30+ years vs. paying my car off a month earlier.

-w

In one pay period, no it won't... but over time, it will make a difference. I was balancing my 401k contributions vs my outstanding debt (Car loan & student loans mainly)... after thinking about it for a while today, I think I can get more return by putting that money into my 401k for the next 30+ years vs. paying my car off a month earlier.

-w

I'm just kidding..anyway..I work for a small company with only 4 employees so there is no retirement plan..we do get a healthy year end bonus that is supposed to be used toward retirement savings but I spend that on skiing, hookers and blow...and of course curbside takeaway from Outback Steakhouse..

Those salmon entrees are budget busters. :-o

Outback is pretty reasonable. But yeah..I'm not going to take a girl there unless she's a keeper..Friendleys is a better date option..lol..if you buy a girl a happy ending Sundae..you might get a happy ending..lol..and the straws are bendy for extra stoke..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm seeing it as an opportunity.

I just bumped my 401k contribution by another 2%.

I wish that I got paid this Friday (tomorrow) instead of next.

-w
Me too!

I bumped mine up as well. The pre-tax factor won't make that much of an impact on my net pay. I should max out soon any way.

Glenn

Outback is pretty reasonable. But yeah..I'm not going to take a girl there unless she's a keeper..Friendleys is a better date option..lol..if you buy a girl a happy ending Sundae..you might get a happy ending..lol..and the straws are bendy for extra stoke..

LOL! :lol:

drjeff

One thing that's for sure was the bar was crowded earlier this evening..lol

The thing I noticed when I was out with my office, is that we had to go to 3 bars before we found one that had more customers then wait staff, and thats not normally the case at the first 2.

Then to top it off, as we were leaving the 1st bar, one of my hygienists had a literal run in with a group of larger, lesbian pool players :eek: (okay, her car just barely backed into the bumper of one of the lesbians cars and it was no big deal, but the event was a great source of entertainment for the rest of evening! ;) )

Dr Skimeister

The thing I noticed when I was out with my office, is that we had to go to 3 bars before we found one that had more customers then wait staff, and thats not normally the case at the first 2.

Then to top it off, as we were leaving the 1st bar, one of my hygienists had a literal run in with a group of larger, lesbian pool players :eek: (okay, her car just barely backed into the bumper of one of the lesbians cars and it was no big deal, but the event was a great source of entertainment for the rest of evening! ;) )

And the significance of pointing out their orientation is?

drjeff

And the significance of pointing out their orientation is?

Sorry Doc, LONG story.(super short quic explanation here though) My hygienist in question is one of the most hetersexual women you could ever meet, but on multiple occasions over the last 4 or 5 years when she's been out with us from the office, has had multiple women hit on her. So while in the big scheme of things their sexual orientation last night isn't an issue, the irony and comedy of it was priceless!

Next time I'll add a bit more of the pertainent back story :)