• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Electrical Rates Skyrocket

NYDB

dude you are a one trick pony eh?

do you ever post anything skiing or snowboarding related that isn't an unnofical networks link?

or asking people to share side and backcountry lines with some internet gaper who has obviously never been touring more than once?

go fucking earn the knowledge. fuck around and find out. post pics. a story. Maybe something that isn't a troll.

otherwise, fuck off with your continued political bullshit in every thread.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
This is why... Joe Biden is the main guy currently behind our rising electric costs. Handlers and Puppet strings or not he is the USA bus driver. He's a believer I think in the Green new deal and downfall of the USA

FgziOWAXkAAoln9

FgziOWDXEAEiNLT

"It is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences" -Joe Manchin-

That means please vote against him(Joe Biden's candidates) from a Democrat(rare breed) that is actually trying too and helping to build up and save America.
I was of the understanding that AZ is not a political forum, but with the emphasis of so many ski areas talking "green", the above posting is out-of-line with the ski industry in general.

KustyTheKlown

I hope these guys go over the backside of killington and find out. They can host their maga convention on wheelerville road

MidnightJester

MidnightJester said:
This is why... Joe Biden is the main guy currently behind our rising electric costs. Handlers and Puppet strings or not he is the USA bus driver. He's a believer I think in the Green new deal and downfall of the USA

Biden says coal plants 'all across America' will be shut down, replaced with wind and solar

President Biden said coal plants across the country will be shutting down, arguing that it saves them a "hell of a lot of money" to shift to wind and solar.

I was of the understanding that AZ is not a political forum, but with the emphasis of so many ski areas talking "green", the above posting is out-of-line with the ski industry in genera
The closing of Coal plants and the bringing online of Green energy to replace them has a direct correlation to Electrical prices going up that is why it was posted not because it was political. Unfortunately political things spill into real life especially more often around election times.

I could of left off Manchin's response but I don't think I carry enough weight on how wrong Biden's comments are especially when considering Electrical prices going up.

Our electrical supply and delivery rates have not caught up to the increase our suppliers are paying I believe. I fear the next years rises in electrical prices are yet to come.

Last edited:

bigbob

MidnightJester said:

Biden says coal plants 'all across America' will be shut down, replaced with wind and solar

President Biden said coal plants across the country will be shutting down, arguing that it saves them a "hell of a lot of money" to shift to wind and solar.

The closing of Coal plants and the bringing online of Green energy to replace them has a direct correlation to Electrical prices going up that is why it was posted not because it was political. Unfortunately political things spill into real life especially more often around election times.

I could of left off Manchin's response but I don't think I carry enough weight on how wrong Biden's comments are especially when considering Electrical prices going up.

Our electrical supply and delivery rates have not caught up to the increase our suppliers are paying I believe. I fear the next years rises in electrical prices are yet to come.
If you live in NH our electric rates have caught up with the fuel market prices at $0.32/KWH for residential service depending on which power company supplies you!

machski

If you live in NH our electric rates have caught up with the fuel market prices at $0.32/KWH for residential service depending on which power company supplies you!
Yes, but thankfully with net rate metering, I'm banking good coin at least for a bit longer this month off my excess solar generation 😁. We'll see if the higher rates kicked in early enough to not get some burning come February after going through solar minimum months and depending on # of days snow covered.

MidnightJester

Yes, but thankfully with net rate metering, I'm banking good coin at least for a bit longer this month off my excess solar generation 😁. We'll see if the higher rates kicked in early enough to not get some burning come February after going through solar minimum months and depending on # of days snow covered.
Was wondering what kind of output reduction you experience with with the changing angle of the sun during winter? Where I live in NY most are roof mounted and fixed at the roof angle while the ones I see in VT I have driven past seem to have a lot more ability to track the sun or adjust tilt for sun exposure

the 9 X 9 approximately panels like a big Tic Tac toe box seem like good use of space for solar capturing. Some can be Sun trackable and I think tilt and auto dump snow.

Attachments

• Array-Technologies-15022-001-2.jpg
    Array-Technologies-15022-001-2.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Newpylong

Most in my part of the woods in NH are ground mounted and track with the sun as well. There are a number of reasons for that: It's the ideal setup and most people have the space for it. There also are a lot of older homes that don't meet roof load factors for solar. Also a lot of people simply don't want sh*t on their roof especially after dropping big bucks on standing seem.

machski

Was wondering what kind of output reduction you experience with with the changing angle of the sun during winter? Where I live in NY most are roof mounted and fixed at the roof angle while the ones I see in VT I have driven past seem to have a lot more ability to track the sun or adjust tilt for sun exposure

the 9 X 9 approximately panels like a big Tic Tac toe box seem like good use of space for solar capturing. Some can be Sun trackable and I think tilt and auto dump snow.
We did roof mount as we had property line issues to found mount where I had hoped in back yard (didn't have the needed line clearance). Our roof is well pitched and aligned to provide good angle most of the year. We see a good 50% drop off at solar minimum, mostly owing to the simple fact there is less sunlight at winter solstice than summer. Ironically, summer sun is at such a high apex that we actually peak production in April/May them again in Aug/Sept. Should have probably put 4-5 panels as well on back corner of roof but they would have been all but useless in the winter. But summer, I lose out on the last several hours of daylight as the solar track angle is so high it goes completely to the back roof. Oh well, to this point, we"ve only had to give Eversource about $45/year total. Most of that is due to the fact they get you on the transmission side of the bill regardless of what you sell back on the production side.

bigbob

I signed up with Direct Energy early summer for $0.12 and change for 30 months. Kicked in for my August bill, which went up $2.

Newpylong

The folks who have a Power Purchase Agreement with their town or shopped their supply early, and then have solar that they are net metering it back to the Utility at the current (high) $0.20+ rate are in like Flynn right now!