• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

skiNEwhere

Explosion at Boston Marathon

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/reports-explosion-boston-marathon-185815734.html

There are multiple reports on Twitter of an explosion at the Boston Marathon.
We spoke to a Boston Police Department Spokesperson who said there was "some sort of incident at 671 Boylston Street", which is the finish line for the race. They could not give out further information at the time of the call.
Live video from CBS shows ambulances at the scene. Fox News reports that there were two explosions.
Reporters on the scene are reporting dozens of injuries and lost limbs. TV crews are showing images lots of blood on the ground.
The pictures below all appear to be from the scene. Some show smoke and the explosion, others appear to show injured people (warning some photos may be upsetting):

Details are scarce right now.

Puck it

2 dead. 23 injured. 2 more bombs disarmed. Four hotels in lock down.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Who knows. These things always take time to shake out. In the initial panic there is just so much to cover.

Terrible.....

Bene288

I just saw a very disturbing photo of two people rushing a man in a wheelchair. Both of his legs were basically blown off below the knees. I'm surprised it was shown. Thoughts and prayers to all those involved.

wa-loaf

Several friends were hanging out on the patio of the hotel right next to the explosion. No one was just but they are pretty freaked out.

8 yr old among the dead. :( I would like to bring flaying back as a practice for people who do this kind of thing.