• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

F&B late season not to hijack the Vail sucks thread

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

We've talked about it.... He knows that I'm pretty tight, but keeps on hinting....
Anyone see the revamped Mountain View Grand in Whitefield lately ? Very Nice !!! The oldest of all the NH Grand Mountain hotels
Had dinner there last summer, great value for a nicer place. Awesome view.

foofy

Back in the late 90's the North Peak lodge at SR used to have a baked potato station. Unlimited toppings. I forget what the cost was, but it was reasonable for a teenaged me. And best value to calorie ratio ever. I'd just buy that and - since I wasn't drinking age yet - get some rando to buy me some High Life from the package store on property. Now that's a lunch of anyone's dreams... a baked potato loaded with hot velveeta and enough bacon bits to give you a heart attack, plus Miller High Life :sick:
That was my absolute favorite ski lunch! Resurrected it during covid using heated lunch box.

machski

Back in the late 90's the North Peak lodge at SR used to have a baked potato station. Unlimited toppings. I forget what the cost was, but it was reasonable for a teenaged me. And best value to calorie ratio ever. I'd just buy that and - since I wasn't drinking age yet - get some rando to buy me some High Life from the package store on property. Now that's a lunch of anyone's dreams... a baked potato loaded with hot velveeta and enough bacon bits to give you a heart attack, plus Miller High Life :sick:
Potato station may be gone, but their burrito bowls are pretty good and quite large at the peak this year. Big enough wife and I will split one for lunch and makes that a quite affordable option.

Kingslug20

Sometimes... But its hard when there was a time so much kicking around for free...
I'm saving a ton of money by barely drinking anymore...certainly at the resort level.
But that damn beer after skiing...can't beat it sometimes.