• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Farewell to Pow tour, 1/23/10

deadheadskier

Staff member
sick

typically I don't really care for POV helmet cam video. It rarely accomplishes it's intended purpose of interpreting what the cameraman is experiencing. Because of that such videos often make me dizzy. Not this one. really nice work.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Yea, I think Ideally there is some POV and some 3rd person footage, but I am screwing around with the helmet mount and wanted to get it dialed. I thought the vertical mounting would give me a little more peripheral. Next time I'll try horizontal...really fun woods over there...the flats towards the bottom were fast enough to blast accross and the brooks were filled in enough to charge down. Can't really tell in the vid, but therer were tons of mostly burried trees, boulders and such to boof off of...everything is rounded off and locked in so you could have a good bit of faith about skiing into tings that looked a bit square....really long laps. I got 30 minutes of descending video...alot of it ended up looking pretty boring and brushy, but was fun noodling and classic east coast floral combat.