• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is left to ski in NE US this Spring?

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I believe we are down to the following 6

Sunday River (only 4/17, 22, 23)
Snow (Carinthia only, closing 4/23)
Sugarbush (Fri-Sun after 4/23)
Jay (Fri-Sun after 4/30)
Killington (Fri-Sun after 4/30)
Sugarloaf

Am I missing any?

Reports on how conditions are holding up at each would be welcome.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jay got hammered pretty hard this past week. Big difference between Friday and Saturday. Base depths on Jet and Haynes didn't look particularly deep. Unless they have an unseasonably cool next couple of weeks, I'd be surprised if they make it past 4/30

The Sneak

I'd like to get to K or the Loaf this or next weekend but that's insanely far to go alone. Friends have all moved on to their kids' sports, golf, bicycling etc. I mean, I'm into biking and sailing etc too but fiending for one more day on the hill.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Probably just ended my season at Breck today. Next day I will be free to ski is May 13 and not optimistic I will deem anything worth the trip then.

35 days on skis not too shabby for a guy who works 9-5 in NJ with the conditions we have had near me.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Sorry, I’m out West for a few weeks, but still posting on my blog. Here is the latest list of surviving ski areas in the East.