• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2017

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com

urungus

According to this mornings conditions report, the Bear Mountain area at Killington will not reopen this weekend and is closed for the season. (No snow remaining on connecting trails.) Will this result in overcrowding of the remaining open areas (Killington, Skye, Snowdon)? Or do the number of visitors dwindle faster than the number of open trails at this time of year?

skimagic

According to this mornings conditions report, the Bear Mountain area at Killington will not reopen this weekend and is closed for the season. (No snow remaining on connecting trails.) Will this result in overcrowding of the remaining open areas (Killington, Skye, Snowdon)? Or do the number of visitors dwindle faster than the number of open trails at this time of year?

Would the needles side of Skye be opening, or is that area also done. I was hoping to get up there for one more day.

oldtimer

The number of skiers dwindles FAR faster than the terrain at this time of year.

Dickc

Would the needles side of Skye be opening, or is that area also done. I was hoping to get up there for one more day.

The bottom of Needles was patched together for last weekend so its doubtful they would do that again. Today's report also says they lost Snowdon as of this afternoon. That was pretty thin on Wednesday so I am not surprised.

Domeskier

This thread has a seriously misleading title. I'm not sure whether to be relieved or not.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Here is this week's blog post. A quick version, we are down to 2 (MSS in QC and K in VT).

How long May it last? - Week 6

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/how-long-may-it-last-week-6/

edit: Comi announced today that they are done for the season, so the official count is two for this weekend, but call ahead with this wet forecast. MSS has been known not to spin with weather is less than ideal for spring skiing (ie. rain and no one showing up)

Last edited:

drjeff

A FB groomers group page post from last night had a winch cat operator from K posting a through the windshield pic of snow farming from lower Skyelark to push over to Superstar - K may very well (officially atleast) be down to just Superstar come their reopening on Saturday.....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

A FB groomers group page post from last night had a winch cat operator from K posting a through the windshield pic of snow farming from lower Skyelark to push over to Superstar - K may very well (officially atleast) be down to just Superstar come their reopening on Saturday.....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
Oh wow. Kind of disappointing. With the weather outlook, I don't think they're going to make June this year. This weekend looks like it could be a washout too which sucks.

Domeskier

You guys are derailing what was promising to become an awesome turn in this otherwise dreary thread!

Jully

Oh wow. Kind of disappointing. With the weather outlook, I don't think they're going to make June this year. This weekend looks like it could be a washout too which sucks.

Agreed on the June, but you never know. Memorial day would be awesome, but seeing as that is 2 days before June, who knows.

Deciding between Sat and Sun to head up this weekend. I'm thinking Sunday might be a little better, but its a roll of the dice with rain regardless.