• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

February look ahead

Tin

We already planned on the 6th to the 10th, starting at Magic for $15 and then MRG and Sugarbush.

catsup948

One more big ski country bomb would be nice. I would have to think we will get one out of the upcoming pattern.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

xwhaler

We already planned on the 6th to the 10th, starting at Magic for $15 and then MRG and Sugarbush.

Nice! We have a similarly fun itinerary for that timeframe. Possibly S6 on Friday 3/7, Jay 3/8, Smuggs 3/9, MRG/Middlebury 3/10.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Still looking nice and cold on the 10 day out.

1926035_544688998963576_1295888382_o.png

4aprice

Not looking good until Mar 1-2 from what i've read. Maybe a couple inches midweek.

Take the nickles, dimes and pennies. The important thing is that the cold seems to want to linger. Hopefully a big one before it decides to break warm (going to happen at some point) March is usually a pretty active month so one would think that moisture shouldn't be too much of a problem. Timing? Who knows? Bring back 1993.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catsup948

Usually the snow blowin' stops about now. Is that the case?

Yes most mountains stop blowing snow mid February. After three weeks of great natural snowfall there is no need to make anymore. I fully plan on skiing killington memorial day weekend this year!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

steamboat1

Killington is blowing snow on Superstar!

They're just getting warmed up on Supe. Just wait.

I'd also expect Skyelark to see more lovin too.

Don't forget they also blew Skyehawk this year which I've never seen them do before. Skyehawk holds snow well, even without snowmaking.

Gonna be a great spring at K.

BenedictGomez

Windham is blowing snow!

Whaaaaaattt?

The cheapskates of the Catskills are blowing snow on February 27th? The same mountain that pissed everyone off last year by CLOSING during the best conditions of the season?

I bet they're "blowing" on the bunny or some beginner trail(s) that needs mandatory cover.