• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Finding this strange April weather in May

Treeskier

Who shook up the calendar for the late couple years/months. 90 degree weather in early April and now 2 snow storms leaving fresh snow in May! Plus a "NorEaster" possibly Tuesday into Wednesday. Again with the possibility of higher elevation snows! And a deep frost tonight.

First: Web cam this morning on Mad River Glens web site showed tracks coming down!

Second: I got a call from a good friend who was walking her dogs up Stowe access road. "4-6" new" she reports. Plus "I woke up to 2" at my house in Warren"

I've seen this before.But it was a while back when Killington was open till you had to walk about 1/2 way down Super Star. But like this year it kept filling back in. This weekend, the 2nd weekend of May, it use to have VW sized bumps smoothly lined up in row.

June 1st. That was the day I drove from Killington's closing day to Sugarloaf's re-opening because they had enough much snow (after being close for the month...ASC days) !

One more sign: got a picture, live from a friend, on Stein's "Cinco De Mayo Wednesday " Big Grin Smiling Making Turns"

Funny in years past we had lift access skiing to enjoy "Mother Natures mood Swings"

kingdom-tele

seems like the whole season was like that

shivering in the treestand in october - sitting in a t shirt during rifle season

corn skiing in march - powder skiing in april/may

now just hoping the growing season can give us some curve balls too, fresh tomatoes in october?