• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fly or Road Trip it?

Found a pic of it ;)

Snow%20Cat.jpg
that is cool..nice stoke..and it would be cool to have a bus like the Rock of Love bus to travel around to different ski areas..

I know Glen Plake and his wife spent a winter visiting small ski areas in a motor home..they showed some footage on RSN TV

drjeff

that is cool..nice stoke..and it would be cool to have a bus like the Rock of Love bus to travel around to different ski areas..

I know Glen Plake and his wife spent a winter visiting small ski areas in a motor home..they showed some footage on RSN TV

The Plake tour is still a regular component of RSN's winter programming, and some decent viewing IMHO!

Geoff

I have quite a few retired friends who drove from Killington to Colorado this year. This year with Vail's Epic Pass and a monthly condo rental, it's not a horribly expensive trip if you split a two bedroom condo with another couple. I was talking with some friends on Thursday who said they paid $2500 for a monthly rental and split that. If you're going for a month, it makes sense to drive. You bring the quiver, lots of spare clothes, and things to supplement the usual crappy kitchen supplies in a rental unit. For a trip any shorter than that, flying makes more sense.

Trekchick

Found a pic of it ;)

Snow%20Cat.jpg
You have no idea how close that is to reality.:lol:

Since my husband has a passion for heavy equipment, he's actually got some pistenbully's in his Ebay Watch list, but no......our new road trip transportation is a GMC Yukon XL, with all the bells and whistles.

Since we run a business where its necessary to drive large trucks, it is actually an easy transition for me to drive this, but its obscene for a family of two. For ski trips, on the other hand, its phenomenal!!

drjeff

You have no idea how close that is to reality.:lol:

Since my husband has a passion for heavy equipment, he's actually got some pistenbully's in his Ebay Watch list

Nothing wrong with that Trek :lol: Heck, my wife practically cringes with me in the car when were making our weekly drive to and from Mount Snow, as 1 town South of Mount Snow there's this large country Inn that used to have a X-country ski facility that doesn't operate anymore and they now have their probably 15 year old LMC/thiokol groomer parked by the service entrance with a big 'ol for sale sign on it :) More than once I've said to my wife, "wouldn't that be a cool toy to have!" She doesn't agree with me :rolleyes: ;). And to make matter worse, in a different thread here on AZ, myself and 2 other AZ Mount Snow regulars, Vcunning and Glenn joked about going in thirds on it :rolleyes:

Trekchick

When we go on a road trip, I have to do most of the driving because my husband likes to window shop. Pass a construction site and he's got his eyes glued to the equipment. Loves Cranes and hydraulic excavators!

Last night he announced that we're heading to Colorado Tomorrow!!!
Yup, Wed we're pulling out of our driveway with two of his friends and hitting Summit county for some fun times!
Yay for Road trips!!!!