• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Go west, (not so) young man!

BenedictGomez

I have one friend who has bought form another friend a couple times. I think he paid her $400 for 25,000 last time, which he used for a $700+ flight. She just books his flight on her account, didn't have a problem either time.

So Sally Jones books flights for Ralph Smith on her account? I didn't even know you could do that.

jaytrem

So Sally Jones books flights for Ralph Smith on her account? I didn't even know you could do that.

Yup, so even if you're not looking to sell you can take friends or significant others for free, or in exchange for paying for hotels or rental cars. But like you said earlier, it would probably be a good idea to use them sooner than later.

drewfidelic

I haven't flown since the recent merger, but I've had a Continental card since circa 1998 so I imagine that perk might exist for me too now.

Yes, the Continental rewards card has become a United card, with similar perks. That's how I ended up with enough miles here to do a 50k roundtrip. I'm also looking to burn off the miles, because I got to the second year of using the card, calling up to complain about the annual fee. To renew this year, they didn't offer waiving the fee (but did offer some number of miles -- I think 10k.) Since I don't take advantage of flying United enough to make the fee worth my while, I figure it makes sense to burn off the miles for skiing.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm giong to need to do some more research and actually figure out costs and such.

jaytrem

Just found out United is also flying direct to Bozeman this year (from Newark). Saturday to Saturday. There are even some 12,500 mile flight going out. That might be a nice option for you.