• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good deals on Elan skis

roark

at http://www.ski-depot.com

Picked up and early bday present for myself: a pair of 170 Ripstick Fusions :daffy:

Ripstick-Fusion-+-ELD11_sm.jpg

I couldn't resist, demoed these last year and loved 'em. Will be better for racing (assuming the boys want me back after my pathetic performance last season) and good old eastern hardpack than my m666's.

For those out west they also have the M999 flats for $299.

If anyone sees a good deal on Lange Comp 100 or 120 (LF) in a 26-26.5 let me know - then my gear overhall will be complete. Well, except for the backcountry gear listening to Steve and reading Daniels books has gotten me interested in...

A hearty thanks to the fine folks over at the Barking Bear forums for bringing this deal to my attention.

Last edited:

highpeaksdrifter

roark said:
at http://www.ski-depot.com

Picked up and early bday present for myself: a pair of 170 Ripstick Fusions :daffy:

Ripstick-Fusion-+-ELD11_sm.jpg

I couldn't resist, demoed these last year and loved 'em. Will be better for racing (assuming the boys want me back after my pathetic performance last season) and good old eastern hardpack than my m666's.

For those out west they also have the M999 flats for $299.

If anyone sees a good deal on Lange Comp 100 or 120 (LF) in a 26-26.5 let me know - then my gear overhall will be complete. Well, except for the backcountry gear listening to Steve and reading Daniels books has gotten me interested in...

A hearty thanks to the fine folks over at the Barking Bear forums for bringing this deal to my attention.

Nice buy. You're right about helping you in your beer league. Although an all mountain ski (whatever that means these days) it is stiff, fast, and holds a nice edge. The Ripstick is very similar to the 04/05 Nordica Speedmachine 14 or the 05/06 Speedmachine 16. Actually Nordica and Elan make their skis in the same factory in Slovenia.

thetrailboss

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
Nice buy. You're right about helping you in your beer league. Although an all mountain ski (whatever that means these days) it is stiff, fast, and holds a nice edge. The Ripstick is very similar to the 04/05 Nordica Speedmachine 14 or the 05/06 Speedmachine 16. Actually Nordica and Elan make their skis in the same factory in Slovenia.

I was just going to ask who makes/owns Elan.....

roark

Placed the order Wednesday around 2PM. Recieved Thrusday evening. While the package didn't have to go too far (ME->MA->NH), I'm still impressed. They had the order shipped in less than 2 hours!

Can't wait for winter!
:snow: