• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoPro ideas?

Rushski

Got a GoPro for Xmas. Hoping to get some footage soon - maybe in a snowstorm Friday?

Guessing most helmet-mount as I've seen often. I'm not a helmet guy, slam me if you must... Do the head strap and chest harnesses work well and do people have preferences. Also seen footage w/them mounted to the front of boots which is obviously a differrent perspective.

Thoughts?

JDMRoma

I like the pole mount perspective but don't think I could pull it off so gracefully as SkiStef……so with that in Mind I was
thinking of doing the chest strap vs the helmet mount…seems easier to work with and it won't get hit when the bar comes down on the chair lift
just my $.02
I don't have a Go Pro but did seriously think about it before my trip !

Cannonball

Chest mount does not really produce good footage. Until you watch some head vs chest footage you don't appreciate how stable your head naturally is. It's pretty amazing (though maybe not really surprising) how well your body finely adjusts your head all times. The chest mount footage reflects the gross movements of your torso.