• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Six Pack?

jaytrem

The word on skilifts.org is that Gore is getting a new six pack. Anybody heard anything on that? I imagine it would be a replacement for the high speed triple.

BenedictGomez

Sounds like a huge waste of money if true IMO. Hadn't heard anything about that, but I cant imagine it's even remotely necessary. While I've only skied there 4 times, that's all been within the last year, and all on Saturdays - and its never been so crowded that the waits were long. The pod structure of that mountain almost de facto seems to alleviate long lift lines. If a 6-pack is only necessary for 2 or 3 days a year, it's not necessary.

Warp Daddy

The word on skilifts.org is that Gore is getting a new six pack. Anybody heard anything on that? I imagine it would be a replacement for the high speed triple.

That would help but it would be nicer to have at least a hs quad with a "bubble screen " on it to take on the often Bonechilling WINDY ride on that sucker when you near the saddle lodge area . Just sayin

Warp Daddy

It would also be great to replace the High peaks chair too that sucker is ancient . being tall i often get whacked on the helmet by the damn safety bar on that chair :uzi:

BenedictGomez

It would also be great to replace the High peaks chair too that sucker is ancient . being tall i often get whacked on the helmet by the damn safety bar on that chair :uzi:

If I had to replace one of their chairs, that would be my most likely candidate.

twinplanx

Sounds like a huge waste of money if true IMO. Hadn't heard anything about that, but I cant imagine it's even remotely necessary. While I've only skied there 4 times, that's all been within the last year, and all on Saturdays - and its never been so crowded that the waits were long. The pod structure of that mountain almost de facto seems to alleviate long lift lines. If a 6-pack is only necessary for 2 or 3 days a year, it's not necessary.

Agreed.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

St. Jerry

I have heard this rumor too. But yea, a 6 pack sounds like overkill.
Have also heard that the High peaks chair (the one that goes over Gorebits Couloir) is going to be replaced. Likely a fixed triple.

jaytrem

I'd probably replace the North Quad. Seems to be a popular chair and is super slow. High Peaks at least moves at a good clip and fits the personality of the area. But replacing the HST does make sense if it's getting harder to maintain each year. Technically they can shut down the Gondola and still have access to the whole mountain, but yeah, does seem like overkill there.

jaysunn

Sounds like GORE is making some improvements, since it caters to the NYC crowd, why not increase the lift capacity. I personally have never been to GORE, but this year I have heard and seen some awesome reports. Improvents with the lift infrastructure / perhaps snowmaking do nothing but make a resort much more entertaining.

Again, never been, probably since they have no HSQ's LOL. But it's on my hit list.

^^ this statement above is based on NFC no fucking clue, never been. But put some fast lifts in, or go to MRG and ride the fast single.

Jaysunn

x10003q

Sounds like GORE is making some improvements, since it caters to the NYC crowd, why not increase the lift capacity. I personally have never been to GORE, but this year I have heard and seen some awesome reports. Improvents with the lift infrastructure / perhaps snowmaking do nothing but make a resort much more entertaining.

Again, never been, probably since they have no HSQ's LOL. But it's on my hit list.

^^ this statement above is based on NFC no fucking clue, never been. But put some fast lifts in, or go to MRG and ride the fast single.

Jaysunn
There is a HSQ at Gore on Burnt Ridge.

A HS6 can have the same capacity as a HSQ. Unless they think it will reduce wind holds, there is no need for a HS6.
The HS3 needs to be replaced. It is 30 years old.

VTKilarney

Sounds to me like it may have more to do with marketing than need. The difference in price may be minimal, and worth the bragging rights. My main gripe with a six pack is that there are fewer groups of 6 skiing together than groups of 4. My family of four would actually find a six pack to be a negative. Surely we aren't alone.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Sounds to me like it may have more to do with marketing than need. The difference in price may be minimal, and worth the bragging rights. My main gripe with a six pack is that there are fewer groups of 6 skiing together than groups of 4. My family of four would actually find a six pack to be a negative. Surely we aren't alone.

With a family of 5 it works out okay with 1 other single they are usually quite

Highway Star

I heard they were going to replace the High Peaks chair, while grading out and widening the liftline so they can open it as a trail. Something about some small rocks in the liftline being a minor safety hazard.

Last edited: