• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns are set up on Rime!

KustyTheKlown

i'll be there saturday whether or not they get t2b. my girlfriends mom is in town from weds-sunday, and she hears us talking about vt so much, she wants to go. plan is to head up friday after work, stay at the lake bomoseen lodge which we love, have them drop me at K saturday morning, while they go off to woodstock to enjoy the day.

then probably 2 days at sunday river t2b next week.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

KustyTheKlown

What’s the lodge situation?

I’m getting dropped off Saturday, is there a place to boot up and stash a bag, in light of the k1 lodge construction?

Dickc

I’m getting dropped off Saturday, is there a place to boot up and stash a bag, in light of the k1 lodge construction?

The original K-1 is still standing untouched. New one is being build behind it on parking lot side.

skiur

New Lodge is being built next to old Lodge. Kbl is fully functional.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I’ll be hitting killington Sunday and Monday, can’t wait!!! [emoji1689][emoji1689][emoji1689]

machski

The old KBL is fully functional, the roads in and out however have shifted. You must take Vale Road in and out (main access road is currently closed above Vale). The lots basically start below and to the North of the Gondi storage shed with a new temporary staircase to the right of the Gondi shed. So no close drop off to the lodge available. They do have a temp building below the Gondi shed for tickets/ticketing and a small ticket booth at the start of the Gondi line maze.

Rogman

K online prices just went up this morning for the early season
Yes, let the hate flow through you!!!

Seriously, they've done a ridiculously good job on snow making. "Temperatures? We don' need no stinkin' temperatures".

Smellytele

Yes, let the hate flow through you!!!

Seriously, they've done a ridiculously good job on snow making. "Temperatures? We don' need no stinkin' temperatures".

Yo assface. Just stating the fact - no opinion. A little defensive homer. No hate except now toward you. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

I think it’s lame that they raised this weekends price already. Snow in the forecast, and pent up demand to ski, so I get it. I bought mine fearing a further increase. Fingers crossed for t2b but not holding my breath

drjeff

I think it’s lame that they raised this weekends price already. Snow in the forecast, and pent up demand to ski, so I get it. I bought mine fearing a further increase. Fingers crossed for t2b but not holding my breath

No real difference than most any dynamic pricing situation. If I want to fly to Disney in say April, I would expect to pay less today for the tickets than if I bought them the week before. Those who take on the most "risk" by buying sooner get the greatest reward (lower prices), plus one has to figure that with the IKON crowd, and the limited options this weekend (especially Saturday by the looks of it as it seems like a few other *may* be able to get a lift spinning for Sunday looking at the weather currently) gotta think that K may want to try and minimize the walk up/last minute non pass crowd for safety sake.

The really good thing is, that by the looks of things, in 2 weekends, there *should* be about everyone open who doesn't have a hard, Thanksgiving week opening day set, with the cold air duration likely to be over the Northeast starting later this week and sticking around for a while by the looks of the models

bdfreetuna

Picked up a $31.99 ticket for Mount Snow Nov 14th to kick off the season. They have some pretty cheap early tickets on the website. I figure by then Mount Snow should have several top to bottom routes.

Rogman

Yo assface. Just stating the fact - no opinion. A little defensive homer. No hate except now toward you. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Star Wars meme. A joke, nothing more, making fun of the whole hate on Killington thing, and not intended to be aimed at you specifically. Still, I'm flattered you think I'm worth hating. Seems like work, so I won't bother. Perhaps you should save those special feelings for someone who feels the same way about you. Have you tried marriage?

bdfreetuna

Star Wars meme. A joke, nothing more, making fun of the whole hate on Killington thing, and not intended to be aimed at you specifically. Still, I'm flattered you think I'm worth hating. Seems like work, so I won't bother. Perhaps you should save those special feelings for someone who feels the same way about you. Have you tried marriage?

It's all good. De-escalate. Most folks still associate Star Wars with Carrie Fischer and Mark Hammil's glassy-eyed coked-up TMZ leaked outtakes.

Memes don't work too well on these old school message boards. You have to be very subtle, or very blatant. I'm afraid you walked the tightrope on that one.

Then again SmellyTele's avatar is from Star Wars... kind of kills the aspect of plausible deniability :lol: