• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Help me sell my awesome car

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, they do say in the commercials that 90% of Corolla's sold in the US since 1990 are still on the road. :lol:

Cannonball

Pull that down from CL right now! Find a local county fair with a demo derby and enroll!! Tons of them in SE MA. Which do you want more $1,500 and a bunch of creepy CL dudes coming to your house, or to be in the center of this kind ecstasy?...
images

ctenidae

You should list the upgraded floormats in the improvements section as well.

Good job citing references for the obesity facts as well- really lends the whole thing an air of respectability and truthiness.

Geoff

I probably live 5 miles from that car. I'm thinking about the fun I could have with a Sawzall and some spray paint. I could turn it into a convertible with bitchin' flames painted on the side. Chop 3" off the coils to lower it. Maybe some blue neon lighting accents to really impress 'em at night. Put the world's biggest subwoofer in the trunk and play hip-hop at high volume.

legalskier

If you can't sell it, will you be offering the "Hair Metal Hits of the 80s" tape separately?

Abominable

Funny and well written ad. Not sure if you're seriously soliciting comments, but if I was looking into this vehicle, I'd want to see some more relevant information, like:

Mileage (did I miss that?);
Given the mileage, whether the maintenance has followed manufacturer's specs regarding the timing belt (assuming it's a timing belt w/out looking), water pump and whatever else you do when you're in there;
Mileage on tires (this and t-belt are the first money to put into a used car, so I like to know exactly what I'm getting and what I'm getting into);
Pictures of undercarriage, maybe underhood.

But, it's a 20+ year old beater (no offense, mine is too), so anyone interested can examine those things for themselves. Funny ad, good luck with the sale.

frapcap

And you are worried about having two plate on your car?
Well, not that car. I have a couple of classics.

Good luck, although methinks you will have to drop your price a bit...
Its tax season, I'm going for gold! Otherwise, I'd completely agree with you.

Pull that down from CL right now! Find a local county fair with a demo derby and enroll!! Tons of them in SE MA. Which do you want more $1,500 and a bunch of creepy CL dudes coming to your house, or to be in the center of this kind ecstasy?...
images
I probably live 5 miles from that car. I'm thinking about the fun I could have with a Sawzall and some spray paint. I could turn it into a convertible with bitchin' flames painted on the side. Chop 3" off the coils to lower it. Maybe some blue neon lighting accents to really impress 'em at night. Put the world's biggest subwoofer in the trunk and play hip-hop at high volume.

Geoff and Cannonball- ya'll could pool your funds and make the worlds best demo derby car ever!
My original intention was to demo derby it, but the thing still runs extremely well and it seems almost wasteful to destroy what is otherwise a really good car for someone who needs one.

Put an AZ sticker or two in it!
Good call. I will.

If you can't sell it, will you be offering the "Hair Metal Hits of the 80s" tape separately?
I am open to offers!

ctenidae

I really think a picture of the Hair Metal Cassette is essential to hook a buyer.

I agree. I'm sorely tempted by that perk, but I'd be very upset if it turned out to be a hoax. I've been burned before. Damn you Winger, and your poor trademark defense. You should never have allowed VVinger to get away with it for so long. You have no idea how much pain and suffering you've caused.