• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

Siliconebobsquarepants

Website
www.youtube.com
Those with an Instapot who do not have an air fryer should consider this:

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy-crisplid

Great product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

My wife showed me this two nights ago . I sort of shrugged I was thinking one more piece to store . Maybe I’ll give it a second look.
My wife uses the Instant pot 2-3 times a week and has 2 sizes. I jokingly call her a pothead .

She gets nervous when I’m in the kitchen as I like to experiment with different foods and leftovers . Although she liked my crab asparagus au gratin . It looked like something out of Dr Zeus book.

My family liked my Watermelon Tea I concocted . Pure leaf unsweetened black tea with a little simply watermelon drink.
Occasionally I have a successful experiment. No ones gotten sick yet :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
My wife showed me this two nights ago . I sort of shrugged I was thinking one more piece to store . Maybe I’ll give it a second look.
:

I had been eyeing a Breville counter top convection oven / air fryer for about a year. We got the Instapot as a Christmas gift. We have plenty of cabinet space, but a bit less countertop space than I'd like. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Breville. I just happened to stumble upon the Mealthy device and it's a nice happy medium. I can easily store it in a cabinet next to the Instapot and don't have countertop space reduced by a piece of equipment I'm not using daily. I'm guessing the Breville air fryer oven works a bit better, but I've been quite satisfied with the Mealthy product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Easter dinner...

Crab Cakes
DSC_0027.jpg

Rack of lamb, oven roasted carrots and potatoes, and pan seared Hen of the Woods mushrooms
DSC_0035.jpg

Creme Brulee
DSC_0038.jpg

A Chardonnay from the Finger Lakes for the Crab Cakes, a Chateauneuf du Pape for the Lamb, and an Ice Wine to go with the Creme Brulee
DSC_0042.jpg

Edd

Now I know why I took a pic of my dinner last night. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and green onions, and corn. Basically a fancy KFC bowl, courtesy of my wife.

IMG_0062.jpg

granite

Roasted herb encrusted rack of lamb made with fresh homemade breadcrumbs. Roasted asparagus and roasted garlic baby potatoes and chopped scallions in herb butter. Rodney Strong 2015 Sonoma County Merlot. Crème Brule with Amaretto for desert. Flag Hill (NH) Niagara Brandy Single Select aged 12 years to top it off.

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 86

Hawk

We had nearly the same thing last night as far as food. Herb crusted Lamb rack and asparagus. For the potatoes we did classic Au grattin with two types of cheese. The wine was a Holdrege Pinot Noir. Desert was Lemon and Raspberry pastries we got from the local bakery. You pay on line and pick them up in a drop box outside the store.

cdskier

Looks good granite! And sounds good Hawk! Nice that a few of us all had similar ideas.

This was possibly the first time I ever didn't have ham and kielbasa for Thanksgiving (which is what my aunt usually makes). No offense to my aunt, but I enjoyed this year's food a lot more. (And we did a Zoom session with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin and her husband, and sister and her husband so it was like most of us were still there at the table even though we weren't all together physically).

granite

Looks good granite! And sounds good Hawk! Nice that a few of us all had similar ideas.

This was possibly the first time I ever didn't have ham and kielbasa for Thanksgiving (which is what my aunt usually makes). No offense to my aunt, but I enjoyed this year's food a lot more. (And we did a Zoom session with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin and her husband, and sister and her husband so it was like most of us were still there at the table even though we weren't all together physically).

Credit goes to my wife, not me.

BenedictGomez

I recently made 2 pounds of teriyaki beef jerky, 8 ounces of maple pepper venison jerky, and 1 pound of balsamic brown sugar venison jerky. That should satisfy my jerky tooth for a while.

I recently read that people from sea-to-shining-sea are making things like we havent as a culture in decades. Granted I've previously made homemade jerky a bunch of times, but not 3.5 pounds in a short bit. Baking searches are up something like 400% on GOOG in the last month.

Glenn

I wanted to cook the ham Sous Vide. Been meaning to give that a try. We cooked in the oven instead.

jimk

A friend of mine recently used the term Covid 15, meaning something similar to the Freshman 15. We're all going to gain 15 lbs this spring! My wife's been cooking up a storm too. I do my part and once a week bravely go to the grocery store to keep her supplied:spin:

jimmywilson69

Easter dinner...

A Chardonnay from the Finger Lakes for the Crab Cakes, a Chateauneuf du Pape for the Lamb, and an Ice Wine to go with the Creme Brulee

I haven't been to Domaine Leserre. I am a big fan of the Reds that Standing Stone is making.

I haven't been up there since we went with a gang of friends 3 years ago for my wife and I's 40th. Just looked and we almost stayed down the road from Domaine Leseurre

uphillklimber

A friend of mine recently used the term Covid 15, meaning something similar to the Freshman 15. We're all going to gain 15 lbs this spring! My wife's been cooking up a storm too. I do my part and once a week bravely go to the grocery store to keep her supplied:spin:

I am determined not to let that happen. This past season, I took off 40 lbs. over 4 months. When I retired on 2015, I very quickly put on 30 lbs and it has stayed on until this winter. Basically, retirement meant no 40 hour a week, calorie burning, construction job, and way too close to the fridge all day long. Anyways, I just out of diet mode and going right back into it. Easy enough.

I gotta say guys, don't let that weight creep up on you. It is a burden to carry and I feel soooo much better getting back to my pre-retirement weight, my normal adult weight. Pay attention and keep your weight where it should be, it is so much less effort than taking it off. Stay light on your feet, Do all your household projects, set up a basement workout area. You don't need anything for sit ups and push ups other than a little room. Break out the bikes. Who said it?: Get moving!!!

But eat some well prepared meals as well. Limit the portions and make them tasty! Make satisfying meals so you are satisfied and have no need to snack and nibble looking for what satisfies your hunger.

HAve a great day all!