• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

Siliconebobsquarepants

Website
www.youtube.com
And in other new Home Depot sales rose 25%...I know I contributed

Not at all surprising in February and March my local Home depot was a complete shit show . Hardly any masks , the parking lot was jammed a couple times I drove in and back out . I've been trying to spend more money in my local mom and pop hardware stores and local lumber yard .

kingslug

I buy lumber from a lumber yard..because its..real lumber..
I buy plumbing from the big plumbing supply store..because its real plumbing
now I buy paint from the Sherwin Williams store..better paint
HD for the rest..and they do require masks
The trick is to get there when they open.

skiur

I buy lumber from a lumber yard..because its..real lumber..
I buy plumbing from the big plumbing supply store..because its real plumbing
now I buy paint from the Sherwin Williams store..better paint
HD for the rest..and they do require masks
The trick is to get there when they open.

So are trees not used in the production of home depots lumber?

kingslug

So are trees not used in the production of home depots lumber?

Their lumber twists once it dries out. Plus they store it inside. Go to any lumber yard and they store it outside..yes it gets wet but its not out there for long. They explained to me that storing it inside with AC on is not good for it. Any good builder or wood worker tries to get the best lumber they can..no problems later.

Same with plumbing. The quality is a lot lower at HD. For instance. I plumbed in a water booster pump in my basement using PVC fittings from HD..they split. Found a real supplier..They don't split, much thicker, better quality. There is a huge difference in supplies that you wouldn't know unless you deal with a lot of it. As a Chief of maintenance I deal with it a lot. How about copper fittings, that are oval and will not solder right. Its endless.

jimk

SMH ... why would someone go to the trouble of collecting dog poop in a bag, only to toss the bag to the side of the trail ? What is wrong with people ?

I see this all over too. It's like Dr. Jekyll bags it, but then Mr. Hyde gets the better of him and throws it on the ground.

Beautiful fall foliage photos by CDSkier!

Last edited: