• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How often do you air out your boot liners

How often do you air out your boot liners

• Never

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • End of season

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Two or three times a season

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After every ski day

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Hawkshot99

So leaving them in my trunk of my car most of the winter is not a good idea.

Back in high school i made the mistake of leaving my hockey gear in my car a few times. The pads would be SO COLD putting them on and it would make my car smell pretty bad as well.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Back in high school i made the mistake of leaving my hockey gear in my car a few times. The pads would be SO COLD putting them on and it would make my car smell pretty bad as well.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I take out the night before I go skiing, usually I'm lazy and parking where I live is down a hill.

Cornhead

The usual home for my boots during the season is on my passenger side floor of my car with the tops facing the floor heating duct. Luckily I don't have much need to use my passenger seat, if I do, I toss em in the back. This works well for keeping them dry, they are also warm and pliable when I put them on. When on a multi-day trip, I always pull the liners, remove the footbeds, and place them over whatever heat source is available. Most hotel rooms have the stand alone heater/airconditioner units on the exterior wall. A chair works well to hold the liners in a position so the air goes directly into the liners. Sometimes it's a challenge, here's what I did at the Sugarbush Inn. The heating duct was right near the ceiling, luckily there was a sprinkler pipe right in front that could be used to hold the liners.
IMG_20130322_215513.jpg
I've made the mistake of leaving wet boots in a freezing car overnight, not only are they uncomfortable, but they can be damn near impossible to even get on, depending on the boot.

So, I didn't answer the poll, usually I leave them in, sometimes I take em out.

dmc

I've had friends on trips that didn't spend the $15 on boot dryers and use air vents... And you know... I just makes the room stink and pisses people off...
Also seen people try to dry them next to fires or stoves and melt them.... prettty funny..

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

keyser soze

I've never pulled the linings out of my boots. That's the secret to avoid people getting too close on the lift lines.

Cornhead

I've had friends on trips that didn't spend the $15 on boot dryers and use air vents... And you know... I just makes the room stink and pisses people off...
Also seen people try to dry them next to fires or stoves and melt them.... prettty funny..

I usually fly solo on my skiing excursions, besides, neither my boots, nor my shit, stink. :wink: