• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 4/6/08

kingslug

Drove up late, didn't want to bother with frozen stuff in the morning. Met AndyZ around 11:00.The quad was down so we had to do the 2 lift routine..sux, but if you stayed on the upper mountain you could lap a lot faster. Tried out Clairs...and finaly it was in great shape. Everything had softened up, corn everywhere. Hit Racers Edge, nice, not too bumped good line down the left. Andy split around 12:00 and Jim G. and Carl showed up soon after.Now I knew I was in for a tough day.
Lower K 27 was in great shape, large bumps, good coverage, even the runout had some bumps on it. Hit that a few times then over to Clairs. EVERYONE was on Clairs including the whole ski patrol. It was in great shape with only a small band of rocks and mud in the middle. The coverage on the whole mountain is very impressive considering the low snowfall and rain over the course of the season.
Spent the whole day chasing them around, not easy!!, alterated between K, Clairs, Racers Edge, and The Cliff, with a few easier cruisers for rest.
Ran into DMC and a few others for some high speed top to bottom blasts...guy is fast!!
Around 4:30 is was pretty wiped. Finaly found the 2 guys I rode up with. They spent the day on The Belt, Wayout, and Minya. I work with one of the guys and it was his 5th time on skis. Already skiing parallel and starting to venture into the bumps. His friend lied and said they had gone down Racers, so there we went. He made it down with only 1 small fall. Simply amazing!!!
Turned out to be one of my best days of the year. Skiing with Jim, Carl, DMC is always great and really pushes me to the limit.

dmc

We were on a tear yesterday...

Good to see you!

Greg

Staff member
A day of trying to keep up with Jim and Karl at Hunter in December of 2004 was the day I decided to get serious about my skiing.