• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HUNTER: AZ Challenge 2009 Response/Feedback Thread

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Out of all the respondents thus far, I'm most impressed with they way she responded. For the most part, she honestly addressed the questions, and it didn't sound like she was reading off a press release.

catskillman

The question regarding letting passholders know that they are opening a day earlier for them was not really answered.

My point / question was how do we know this? I would definitly be there if only I knew!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
The question regarding letting passholders know that they are opening a day earlier for them was not really answered.

My point / question was how do we know this? I would definitly be there if only I knew!

My point exactly! Jessica answers a lot of questions with questions, but I wont go there, because if I do, DMC will throw me under the bus!

PS: I dont really care for her, but I am trying to be nice!

JimG.

Staff member
My point exactly! Jessica answers a lot of questions with questions, but I wont go there, because if I do, DMC will throw me under the bus!

Believe me, she does not care much for you either.

Listen, Jessica has a tough job...she's trying to answer questions that she does not have the benefit of really knowing the answers to. She's not getting alot of feedback from the management team at Hunter, at least not about anything that they don't want to you to know about.

The open early for passholder thing is an under the table event...you have to keep an eye out, watch the snowmaking progress, and then just show up. By nature, you aren't going to get alot of advance notice about it.

dmc

If you know the day before will you be there?

dmc

I've known people doing that job for Hunter for a loooong time.. Its rough..

dmc

The open early for passholder thing is an under the table event...you have to keep an eye out, watch the snowmaking progress, and then just show up. By nature, you aren't going to get alot of advance notice about it.

thank you... it really is something thats not on the radar.. not something promised when I put my $ down...
I hope it happens...

catskillman

I would definitly be there - at least by early afternoon if I found out that day. If I knew the day before I would be there earlier.

That is a real perk to buying the pass

MarkC

I would definitly be there - at least by early afternoon if I found out that day. If I knew the day before I would be there earlier.

That is a real perk to buying the pass

It usually takes about two nights to cover the main line and a few hours to groom it out. The second day they are making snow check the website and blog for opening news. Many times it is a spur of the moment decision on exactly when they can open.

JimG.

Staff member
To the responses: I would never want Jessica's job. Trust me, I have worked for the mtn before (Mind you it was many years ago, but some things never change) and it is no PICNIC!!!

PS:I also dont care if she cares for me as well.

Peace out...:fangun::fangun::fangun::fangun:

Didn't know you once worked for the mountain...same here for many years.

I don't think it's really Jessica you don't care for, it's the info she tries to provide that lacks something for you.

Jessica is the first marketing person I have known to last more than 3 years there.

Since you know somewhat what she has to deal with, it makes me wonder even more why you don't cut her alot of slack.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Didn't know you once worked for the mountain...same here for many years.

I don't think it's really Jessica you don't care for, it's the info she tries to provide that lacks something for you.

Jessica is the first marketing person I have known to last more than 3 years there.

Since you know somewhat what she has to deal with, it makes me wonder even more why you don't cut her alot of slack.

I will agree some of it is misdirected anger for David and older management from when I worked there(Ski School). Just trying to speak with the man and give suggestions is like having a root canal.:uzi:

Highway Star

Cool....thanks for getting the question about the cliffs in. Very good answers by Jessica.

I've only skied Hunter once, but had a good time on a march midweek day. It's a great mountain.

dmc

Cool....thanks for getting the question about the cliffs in. Very good answers by Jessica.

I've only skied Hunter once, but had a good time on a march midweek day. It's a great mountain.

There's in bounds cliffs... Unadvertised... Unmarked..

kingslug

I still think Hunter does the best job in the area wqhen it comes to snow making. They cannot control the weather and it costs a fortune to blow large areas...only to see it melt in a few days. I'm very thankful to have them within 3 hours driving as Belleayre just doesn't have the terrain and Platt is limited.