• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Tues. 3/22/16

Rambo

Skied Hunter Mtn. on Tues. 3/22/16. Called Hunter on Monday to find out their Window ticket price for Tues. and was told $69. BUT the guy said I could buy a tic from the Hunter website for $39 and had until midnite on Monday to do so. So I went online and bought the $39. tic. It was a nice sunny, clear day. It got up to 46 degrees so the surface softened up nicely. Coverage was decent as I only got a couple of minor scratches on my skis. The backside was not open... In years past the backside lift always ran from 10 to 3pm - I guess they thought their was not enough skiers to run the backside quad - probably one trail Wayout would have been opened anyways. Really good day of spring skiing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GEDC2456.jpg
    GEDC2456.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 198
  • GEDC2460.jpg
    GEDC2460.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 198
  • GEDC2465.jpg
    GEDC2465.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 202
  • GEDC2497.jpg
    GEDC2497.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 197
  • GEDC2509.jpg
    GEDC2509.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 199

ScottySkis

Glad you had fun at hunter. If you drive out on 23 a little West you see West side trails don't have enough sniw to be open now..I think they been closed for 2 weeks now. I glad you fun times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hawkshot99

I skied Hunter yesterday as well. Didn't go crazy, but taught a bunch of little groms how to enjoy spring conditions. Had a great bbq in the lot and skied till they kicked us off the lifts.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Glad you had fun at hunter. If you drive out on 23 a little West you see West side trails don't have enough sniw to be open now..I think they been closed for 2 weeks now. I glad you fun times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wayout was open Saturday. They are probably saving it for the weekend. Claire's is toast!

Domeskier

Minikonka(sp), east side drive, Racers edge, all trails in the afternoon

Thanks for the info. Might have to check it out this weekend. Not a big fan of the loose piles of corn the form on groomers on spring afternoons, but it sounds like they might have a few lines of properly aged bumps to hit before it all turns to slop.