• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I feel displaced in time.

highpeaksdrifter

Here it is the middle of January on a Saturday and I’m at home instead of at Whiteface. I’ve done some chores around the house, went to the YMCA with my youngest, just dropped him off at a friend’s and am now bored thinking of what to do next. I’m doing things I’d do on a crappy Oct. or late April day and that’s what the temperature feels like outside. It’s just a strange feeling. As I’m writing this my wife just called and wants me to go to Saratoga with her while she picks out a dress for SOD’s wedding in June. Now I’ve moved beyond depression toward suicidal. :cry:

I sure hope we get some descent snow out of this when it turns colder.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
highpeaksdrifter said:
Here it is the middle of January on a Saturday and I’m at home instead of at Whiteface. I’ve done some chores around the house, went to the YMCA with my youngest, just dropped him off at a friend’s and am now bored thinking of what to do next. I’m doing things I’d do on a crappy Oct. or late April day and that’s what the temperature feels like outside. It’s just a strange feeling. As I’m writing this my wife just called and wants me to go to Saratoga with her while she picks out a dress for SOD’s wedding in June. Now I’ve moved beyond depression toward suicidal. :cry:

I sure hope we get some descent snow out of this when it turns colder.
At least you got something done. I still haven't gotten dressed, just sitting here feeling strange cause I'm not skiing. :(

Warp Daddy

Hang on Drifter HELP iS ON THE WAY

Its on the way guys!! at 12:15 front moving thru NNY on the St Lawrence river , temps drop to 27 and heading for -5 tonite , sustained winds @ around 20-25mph, brief mix fell making things slippery BUT its NOW SNOWING and starting to accumulate

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :p :D 8)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: Hang on Drifter HELP iS ON THE WAY

Warp Daddy said:
Its on the way guys!! at 12:15 front moving thru NNY on the St Lawrence river , temps drop to 27 and heading for -5 tonite , sustained winds @ around 20-25mph, brief mix fell making things slippery BUT its NOW SNOWING and starting to accumulate

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :p :D 8)

YYYAAAAAHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

I spent the day productively working on my daughters car that she took out a telephone pole with. Thought it was unfixable, but started cutting, bending, and welding and got it back in some semblance to what it should be. It aint pretty but if I get a radiator I can get her back on the road. Mom will be happy to not have to be driving her to all school functions and ski team practices again! I guess it was a productive day after all! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: