• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ikon pass details released

Jcb890

Did they drop Telluride?
Looks like it.

Alta Ski Area
Aspen Snowmass
Banff Sunshine*
Big Sky Resort
Coronet Peak | The Remarkables
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Lake Louise Ski Resort*
Mammoth Mountain
Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Snowbasin Resort
Snowbird
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Sugarbush Resort
Sun Valley
Taos Ski Valley
Thredbo Alpine Village

p_levert

It sure would be easy for Boyne, Powdr and the Muellers (Okemo, CB, Sunapee) to get together and come up with a decent East/West pass product. I wonder if Alterra twisted arms to get Boyne and Powdr to promise not to form another pass group?? It wouldn't shock me.

benski

It sure would be easy for Boyne, Powdr and the Muellers (Okemo, CB, Sunapee) to get together and come up with a decent East/West pass product. I wonder if Alterra twisted arms to get Boyne and Powdr to promise not to form another pass group?? It wouldn't shock me.

Powdr owns Snowbird which is on the Mountain Collective and Ikon so I guess not. Same with Sugarbush, Alta and Jackson Hole

Zermatt

Initial MC will be sold out in days. Clock is ticking.

p_levert

Powdr owns Snowbird which is on the Mountain Collective and Ikon so I guess not. Same with Sugarbush, Alta and Jackson Hole

I was talking about forming an all-new pass group from Boyne, Powdr and Mueller resorts. So I don't see the connection to what you wrote.

Edd

Shit, man. I may go back to Peaks/Bold & Beautiful next season. I’ve really enjoyed the Max. If I were sure I’m going on one substantial western trip than it’d probably be worth it.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Oz Von Toco

So far as they dont jack up the peak pass price, I would say it is now officially the best option for primarily (one trip out west per year) east coast skiers.

This is what I'm gonna do, quite frankly, even if the price increase a little it will still make sense for me

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jully

I'm definitely going out west next year, probably twice, so a pass would be nice. Was hoping the MCP would provide a little more value, but it doesn't. If I got the Ikon Base I'd probably ski around 15-17 days back east on it plus ~8 days out west = $23 a day. Not as good as the MAX but not bad.

If I get the MCP I will ski 3 days back east on it and ~8 days out west = $37 a day. It is no contest with the MCP at that price point. I pay less than $200 extra and get an extra 2 weeks of skiing back east which I'll definitely use.

Was hoping the MCP would be cheap enough to make it compete with the Ikon or add more places back east, but no such luck.

I feel like wachusett will go back to being solo, but Okemo I bet goes somewhere, probably Epic rather than a new collaborative pass.

machski

I'm definitely going out west next year, probably twice, so a pass would be nice. Was hoping the MCP would provide a little more value, but it doesn't. If I got the Ikon Base I'd probably ski around 15-17 days back east on it plus ~8 days out west = $23 a day. Not as good as the MAX but not bad.

If I get the MCP I will ski 3 days back east on it and ~8 days out west = $37 a day. It is no contest with the MCP at that price point. I pay less than $200 extra and get an extra 2 weeks of skiing back east which I'll definitely use.

Was hoping the MCP would be cheap enough to make it compete with the Ikon or add more places back east, but no such luck.

I feel like wachusett will go back to being solo, but Okemo I bet goes somewhere, probably Epic rather than a new collaborative pass.
Okemo goes Epic, that's funny.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Teleskier

Home skiing isn't so bad after all - pass the VT beer

I personally find it depressing riding back in New England after traveling West.

Having just skied locally after coming back from Utah, I have to say I was happy in how happy I was to be back in home mountains, because (in no particular order):

• Our mountains, even in winter, seem lush and green by comparison to the dry red-rock desert
  • No altitude sickness here
  • Human and humane humidity naturally in the air - no more air-so-desert-dry that it creates bloody noses and sore throats while you sleep out west
  • We actually ski real slopes and terrain all the way to the bottom of our lifts (not long boring ravine traverses for miles just to get back to a lift)
  • Immediately noticeable is our faster, and thus more fun, snow
  • The joys of coming home to "real" and excellent unwatered-down Vermont beers after a great hard day of skiing
  • A really good on-mountain cheddar cheeseburger for $12 versus $28 Park City burger (VT burger is better)
  • Never realized how much cheaper and more variety of cheeses we have here in our markets for post-ski wine and cheese (A simple Cabot was crazy expensive in Utah, with very few different types of cheeses available there)
  • Aesthetically pretty, big large snowflakes as they fall here (vs the tiny can't-see-em dry pellet-flakes that fall in Utah)
  • Can't wait for spring skiing in corn snow - was funny how no one out west even heard of skiing in corn snow - can't wait!

Just some thoughts. We shouldn't adopt the western view that our eastern skiing sucks, because it doesn't.

Sometimes the purpose of a trip is to realize how good you have it back "home". Thank you Utah for sucking so bad. :)

Scruffy

Having just skied locally after coming back from Utah, I have to say I was happy in how happy I was to be back in home mountains, because (in no particular order):

• Our mountains, even in winter, seem lush and green by comparison to the dry red-rock desert
  • No altitude sickness here
  • Human and humane humidity naturally in the air - no more air-so-desert-dry that it creates bloody noses and sore throats while you sleep out west
  • We actually ski real slopes and terrain all the way to the bottom of our lifts (not long boring ravine traverses for miles just to get back to a lift)
  • Immediately noticeable is our faster, and thus more fun, snow
  • The joys of coming home to "real" and excellent unwatered-down Vermont beers after a great hard day of skiing
  • A really good on-mountain cheddar cheeseburger for $12 versus $28 Park City burger (VT burger is better)
  • Never realized how much cheaper and more variety of cheeses we have here in our markets for post-ski wine and cheese (A simple Cabot was crazy expensive in Utah, with very few different types of cheeses available there)
  • Aesthetically pretty, big large snowflakes as they fall here (vs the tiny can't-see-em dry pellet-flakes that fall in Utah)
  • Can't wait for spring skiing in corn snow - was funny how no one out west even heard of skiing in corn snow - can't wait!

Just some thoughts. We shouldn't adopt the western view that our eastern skiing sucks, because it doesn't.

Sometimes the purpose of a trip is to realize how good you have it back "home". Thank you Utah for sucking so bad. :)

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Dude, head back to your cave until you grow up a little. You'll get no sympathy for your narrow views here. Look, you had a bad trip, you planned wrong, went to the wrong place in Utah and had the wrong expectations. Jesus man, as a tele skier you should went to Alta, what the hell is wrong with you?

Higgl

[*]Aesthetically pretty, big large snowflakes as they fall here (vs the tiny can't-see-em dry pellet-flakes that fall in Utah)

Did you just say the dry snow in Utah sucks compared to eastern snow? Yeah you might not get big crystals (though I've seen bigger flakes out there too...), but the dry pellets are why the snow is amazing.

Also did you call ski resort burgers back east "really good?" Yeah Vail food sucks dick price wise, but I just don't eat it, but I don't eat much food back east at resorts either (where's the thread about pocket bacon and Tupperware fried rice?).

You gotta be the only person in the world who thinks the hardpack man-made eastern snow base that is "faster" than western natural snow is better.

Okemo max guy

I feel like theirs something in the works for Okemo. Epic, MC Ikon? Your guys guess is as good as mine. I hope Ikon

Zermatt

Dude, head back to your cave until you grow up a little. You'll get no sympathy for your narrow views here. Look, you had a bad trip, you planned wrong, went to the wrong place in Utah and had the wrong expectations. Jesus man, as a tele skier you should went to Alta, what the hell is wrong with you?

In addition to being factually wrong about most of those complaints. Altitude sick in Park City? No real snowflakes?

Reminds me of Snowbirds one star ad campaign.

thetrailboss

Staff member

+1.

The post was “de ja vu all over again!” :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone