• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 1/2/04

eatskisleep

Jay Peak:

Conditions:This was my first time at Jay Peak and i woul;d ahve to say that I have a new faviorate mountain. The Beginners area is excellent and it keeps the people who aren't the greatest off of the good stuff. Even their begging glades like Bush-whacker are fun for the experts. They HSQ is the longest I have ever been on, it is pretty cool how at one point it is going downhill :eek: The Face Chutes under the tram and Tuckermans Chute Look crazy-crazier than that is the ridge. Another marked trail for the experts would be Green Barret This trail looks crazy and on a powder
day I think I'll try it out. It starts off steep, then it gets thin, after that there is a mandatory drop about 8 ft high. Ullr's Dream is a nice long run too, it is only an intermediate but at most places it would be a black-diamond. This place can challenge even the best skiers. Thier mogul runs are Jay are great. While we were there, they got about 3 inches of snow in 3-5 hours which kept the cover really good and took away some of the ice. The only thing that wasn't the best was that their moguls had icy back-sides to them. Jay's boundary to boundary policy makes this a great mountain for expert woods lovers.

Lines:For the begginer Quad-5 Minutes
For The Tram-15 Minutes
For The HSQ-10 Minutes
For The Midway(Middle on Map)-No Line

Summary:Best day skiing this year. I love this place and I have a new favoriate mountain. I can't wait for my next trip to Jay.

eatskisleep

films in the shop now so once it is developed I'll put on some pics-Also, I'll write up some more revoews from over ther Christmas Vacation.

O

oldhippie

Thanks!

Good report! I'm jealous!

I came back to work from Xmas vacation and have been ambushed by work! I have got to blow off Friday and get away!

You have inspired me!

Thanks!!