• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 2/21/2016

Loaf Nut

Date(s) Skied: 2/21/2016

Resort or Ski Area: Jay Peak

Conditions: Grass

Trip Report: As the cashier at the North Troy General Store said, "Grass is out, why are you skiing?"

Right... Look at all this grass Jay was trying to make us ski over!
IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

Seriously, though. I thought it may never happen this winter, but today was a true powder day at Jay Peak. Yes, it was far closer to cement than champagne powder, but the 16" they're reporting is legit. We skied nearly every glade on the map (save for a few under the Flyer), and the coverage was great. A few rocks and roots to dodge, but certainly doable without rock skis. Great day. Score one for 2016, finally.

reefer

Nice! Right place right time. Wishing for one day this year to ski on snow like that..........................

Domeskier

Bodes well for them stretching out the season a bit. I usually end my year with a Jay Day.

I would have pegged you for a late season K skier, Tuna. Hoping to see you Memorial Day weekend on SS. We can give Sammy some pointers!

bdfreetuna

I would have pegged you for a late season K skier, Tuna. Hoping to see you Memorial Day weekend on SS. We can give Sammy some pointers!

Oh I do that too. But I usually hang 'em up some time in April. I could see myself doing a later K day this year though.. need to get some value out of my Express Pass after all.

The young Mr. Blanchette??