• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jet Blue is pissing me off

Smellytele

So I booked a trip to CO for my sons spring break in March on Jet Blue. Return flight which was @ 10:15am landing in BOS at 4pm has been cancelled and they booked me on a red eye. the return flight was 164. Now they have only red eyes. WTF. I had a credit from a UTAH trip that was cancelled because of Covid. Now all other flights are at least another 100. When I booked the original flights I could have gotten flights for about the same price on other airlines. Not sure if they are just going to give me a credit or refund the whole price (which takes up to 6 weeks to get)

Also did this to me with my sons flight home in December from CO.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Had a similar experience recently with Southwest of all airlines. I would check to see if that flight was "rescheduled" by a few minutes. That's what happened to me--initially SWA moved my flight 8 minutes and instead of moving my reservation it simply kicked it to the next morning at 5am. Long story short, I called and the rep was like, "huh, that is weird" and fixed it. It was obvious that "AI" had made some decisions and just dropped the reservation instead of moving me for whatever reason. Automation is great but sometimes it leads to a dumb outcome that requires more time and human labor to fix.

If that is not the case, do you think it has anything to do with JB's new joint-partnership with American?

crystalmountainskier

All the airlines are adjusting schedules like crazy now. It doesn't matter which one, if you book more than a few months out, the schedule will change. The good news is once the airline makes a change you are entitled to a free change to what you want or full refund.

Mum skier

I booked flights to Salt Lake City for February break. From Boston. Outbound with Jet Blue return with Delta. Paid extra for direct flights and (as much as possible) sensible flight times.
First the return was changed to a transfer via New York. And this week the outbound has move to a later time. I am losing faith that we will ever get there.

Smellytele

Had a similar experience recently with Southwest of all airlines. I would check to see if that flight was "rescheduled" by a few minutes. That's what happened to me--initially SWA moved my flight 8 minutes and instead of moving my reservation it simply kicked it to the next morning at 5am. Long story short, I called and the rep was like, "huh, that is weird" and fixed it. It was obvious that "AI" had made some decisions and just dropped the reservation instead of moving me for whatever reason. Automation is great but sometimes it leads to a dumb outcome that requires more time and human labor to fix.

If that is not the case, do you think it has anything to do with JB's new joint-partnership with American?
Actually you could book the same flight through AA but the original flights are gone on both. I ended up canceling but still not sure if I am getting everything back (credit and extra I paid) or just the extra I paid and then they give my credits again. I'll let you all know.

crystalmountainskier

Actually you could book the same flight through AA but the original flights are gone on both. I ended up canceling but still not sure if I am getting everything back (credit and extra I paid) or just the extra I paid and then they give my credits again. I'll let you all know.
Of course the airline will give you a credit if you don't specify. Call and ask for a refund. They are required by law to give you one if the flights were changed significantly from what you booked.

jaytrem

Good luck calling Jet Blue, last I heard hold time is hours and hours and there is (or was) no callback option. My friend has been dealing with a Jet Blue mess for ages now. Not sure he will ever get it resolved.

KustyTheKlown

we held the line for about two hours to cancel our nashville flights when girlfriend had covid. delta.

every single low wage customer service job is short staffed right now. yea, airlines suck. but you gotta give the people on the phone some slack.

i actually prefer red eyes. i can drug myself to sleep easy and i hate wasting waking daylight hours in travel.

jimmck

Good luck calling Jet Blue, last I heard hold time is hours and hours and there is (or was) no callback option. My friend has been dealing with a Jet Blue mess for ages now. Not sure he will ever get it resolved.
If you have a Pixel 3 (or later!) use Hold for Me. It's scary good.

meff

Looks like JetBlue removed the second Boston/Denver flight on most days, I almost booked it a few months back but when with United instead to better fit our schedule.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't know about changing. I'd say 75% of my flights have been screwed up in some way over the past 20 years. Very little accountability the airlines have to answer to. They'll do whatever they want to maintain maximum profits......but never enough to not stick their palms out to taxpayers during severe downturns.

If not for work and retired family in Florida, I'd be fine with never hoping on a plane again.

VTKilarney

If your flight time has been changed by more than 60 minutes, you are entitled to a full refund.

abc

While I'm no fan of Jet Blue (long story, result is I refuse to fly them unless there's no alternative), this particular scenario isn't uniquely JB. I've heard similar stories from other with almost all airlines.

That's why I'm not flying at the moment. And don't plan to fly this winter either. It's bad enough to deal with weather delays/cancellation in a normal winter, it's going to be much worse adding Covid disruption on top of it.

I can easily drive out to Colorado. But beyond that will be hard to do unless we got lucky enough for permanent WFH. So my pass strategy had that as the basic assumption that I will be driving to ski this winter.

Geoff

I haven’t used JetBlue in ages. For years, they only had red eyes from Denver to Boston. My life is too short to ever fly a red eye again unless it’s lie flat business class. At one point years ago, they had a great coach product with good legroom and comfortable seats with seat back entertainment.

I loathe the 737-800 and MAX equipment United is flying now to Denver. 30” seat pitch on a narrow 737 seat with those ultra thin seats to jam in the extra row. Plus a hefty baggage check fee if you have ski gear. These days, I don’t have United frequent flyer status so I don’t get the economy plus seat with adequate legroom. The up charge for economy plus and a checked bag is more than $100 each way. It’s not a good value.

I don’t like it but I mostly fly Southwest on that city pair. Free checked bag. Throw a bit of cash at it to get early boarding so room for my ski boots in the overhead and an aisle seat. They have at least 31” seat pitch so it’s not the United agony seat.

I wish there was an Eagle nonstop to Boston. That would be massively convenient and avoids the whole I-70 from Denver to the resorts debacle. You would think that with the Epic Pass, there would be a ton of O&D business to the resorts from Christmas to April 1.

machski

3 minute hold for me Tuesday morning this week and they now have a call back system. Of course, I'm Mosaic so that was on that dedicated phone number.