• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jet Blue is pissing me off

crystalmountainskier

My biggest fear is losing my stuff on a ski trip..and the way things are now..that is more of a reality.
It's actually not. Mishandled bag rates have been declining for years thanks to modern tracking technology.

Only about 4 in 1,000 bags are delayed. American and United are on the higher end while Delta, Southwest and JetBlue are the best.

Keep your boots with you and you'll be fine.

Zand

I haven't had an airline lose bags on me in 15 years (knock on f*cking wood now that I just said that). Admittedly I was nervous about flying to Jackson because of layovers (always in Chicago or Denver which makes me even more nervous about delays and missed connections), but luckily no issues with bags at all. I always keep my pass with me for the flight. Figure if shit hits the fan I can rent everything else.

Edit: Many people carry on their boot bag, but my boots always kill me out west for some reason anyway so it would be just as well if I had to rent.

2planks2coasts

I live in the Western White Mtns and fly to work. MHT is 1 hour and 10 minutes from the house but almost always involves an awful connection. Great little airport, but really needs a lot more service to be viable for many of us. My partner loves it though. She'd rather connect than go to Logan. I usually take the coach from Concord. Goes right to the terminals at Logan. Comfy, wifi (onboard right now in fact), and I can fly nonstop to pretty much anywhere in the world I need to go.

machski

I live in the Western White Mtns and fly to work. MHT is 1 hour and 10 minutes from the house but almost always involves an awful connection. Great little airport, but really needs a lot more service to be viable for many of us. My partner loves it though. She'd rather connect than go to Logan. I usually take the coach from Concord. Goes right to the terminals at Logan. Comfy, wifi (onboard right now in fact), and I can fly nonstop to pretty much anywhere in the world I need to go.
Logan's build up has definitely killed MHT. Delta trimmed down to just DTW pre-covid and then suspended service when it hit. They elected to never return, the writing was on the wall when they officially "hubbed" BOS. SW took away most of their best options at MHT (we had DEN, LAS, SDF amongst others at one time). AA has the best selection of you want to call it that. United just added back EWR to IAD service. And we have Spirit adding to FL options. I just don't see it getting much more. Perhaps United will try adding a DEN run, would be nice. They just did in PWM.

thetrailboss

Staff member
PWM is not that dead, a lot more service than MHT now. They even have nonstops to DEN out of PWM.
Interesting. When I flew into PWM in November 2019 it was a ghost town. Good to hear.

At least both are still cheaper than BTV.

LonghornSkier

PWM carried 2.18MM passengers in 2019 and 792k in 2020.

MHT carried 1.73MM in 2019 and 635k in 2020.

BOS carried 42.5MM in 2019 and 12.6MM in 2020.

crystalmountainskier

PWM carried 2.18MM passengers in 2019 and 792k in 2020.

MHT carried 1.73MM in 2019 and 635k in 2020.

BOS carried 42.5MM in 2019 and 12.6MM in 2020.
New Hampshire has the 3rd slowest air travel recovery in the nation. Massachusetts is 11th slowest and Maine is around the middle of the pack.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 6

machski

New Hampshire has the 3rd slowest air travel recovery in the nation. Massachusetts is 11th slowest and Maine is around the middle of the pack.
Interesting, since we are not even a month into the 4th quarter yet. NH will pick up with the addition of Spirit. The loss of Delta and lack of United first half hasn't helped NH's 2021 numbers. PWM has picked up quite a bit this summer. Even BGR has a bunch of new flights to it so ME should come in pretty good year end.

Mum skier

Continuing saga of our attempt to get to Utah for February break. In August Delta cancelled our direct return flight from SLC to Boston that I had booked in May, sending us via JFK. This weekend that flight was also cancelled and we are now routed Salt Lake to Los Angeles to JKF to Boston. By this stage I am ready to give up on the whole trip but the outbound flight with Jet Blue as well as the 50% deposit on the condo at the Canyons is non refundable. They refused to move us to another direct Delta flight as there were only full economy seats left and I had booked basic (still a lot for a family of 4). So I got mad and cancelled the return flight.

So now we are walking back from Utah to Boston......

thetrailboss

Staff member
Continuing saga of our attempt to get to Utah for February break. In August Delta cancelled our direct return flight from SLC to Boston that I had booked in May, sending us via JFK. This weekend that flight was also cancelled and we are now routed Salt Lake to Los Angeles to JKF to Boston. By this stage I am ready to give up on the whole trip but the outbound flight with Jet Blue as well as the 50% deposit on the condo at the Canyons is non refundable. They refused to move us to another direct Delta flight as there were only full economy seats left and I had booked basic (still a lot for a family of 4). So I got mad and cancelled the return flight.

Wow. Something is really, really wrong there. That sucks. Delta normally has at least 2 or 3 direct SLC to BOS options daily. I could see a SLC to DTW or JFK with a connection to BOS. But flying back to LAX then over to JFK?!

Zand

JetBlue has waived all change and cancellation fees since Covid started...why can't you get a refund?

Kingslug20

My flight to JH changed again..but at least I'm not walking..yet.
Now tell me again not to worry about my baggage.......

2planks2coasts

Were you able to call Delta and sort this out? When you cancelled, did you get a refund or credit? Even if they can't get you direct SLC-BOS, they should be able to run you over MSP/DTW/JFK or even ATL. All better than SLC-LAX-JFK-BOS which is absurd.

Last edited:

Boxtop Willie

Airlines work in an alternate universe...and I fly every week so I'm within their gravitational pull.
Did a same day r/t to NYC 2 weeks ago on Thursday. (Bought tickets 1 week prior) BTV/EWR $140 on Unitied. Same itinerary from MHT was $635.
The BTV airport is lovely.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Airlines work in an alternate universe...and I fly every week so I'm within their gravitational pull.
Did a same day r/t to NYC 2 weeks ago on Thursday. (Bought tickets 1 week prior) BTV/EWR $140 on Unitied. Same itinerary from MHT was $635.
The BTV airport is lovely.
Very interesting. That is the opposite of my experience with BTV.

machski

Sorry to hear this, but a perfect example of why you should never book a BASIC fare on ANY airline. They bit you with it, but you are treated like stowage class was during the oceanliner era. They don't care and don't give you great service when things go bad. Also, booking 9 months out is a sure way to have plans unravel. They shouldn't allow you to book that far out.
Not sure on JetBlue cancels, but I bet BlueBasic doesn't get the same as a Blue fare or higher.