• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jet Blue is pissing me off

abc

If Expedia sent you an email saying the flight was cancelled, you're entitled to refund of that flight, I would think. Whether the flight actually took off or not is irrelevant. You were advised not to take the flight. Hence a refund should be due.

Probably no need to involve lawyers. Just sent a copy of the email to your credit card company.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If Expedia sent you an email saying the flight was cancelled, you're entitled to refund of that flight, I would think. Whether the flight actually took off or not is irrelevant. You were advised not to take the flight. Hence a refund should be due.

Probably no need to involve lawyers. Just sent a copy of the email to your credit card company.
Yeah if KS used a credit card that bank/issuer will certainly stop payment and fight it. Because the bank hates nothing more than other people taking their money.....

Kingslug20

After 2 hours back and forth..on hold multiple times..they hung up.
Will send it all to credit card company..see what happens...
Court if needed..

crystalmountainskier

Chargebacks and lawsuits are rarely the best ways to handle these things. Having recently lost a legitimate chargeback to Priceline, I'd suggest writing to Expedia with exactly what happened and copies of the cancellation correspondence, your new flight receipts, etc. There's something to be said for written communication, even if by email.